    Is this behavior correct?

    Can I change it?

    Gary

    Gary Nored, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Gary Nored wrote:
    > Newbie question: newsgroups I have subscribed to are not there the next
    > time I run the news reader. I searched faqs and documentation, and I get
    > the impression that they are supposed to.
    >
    > Is this behavior correct?

    Boy, I hope not!!! ;)
    > Can I change it?

    I don't know, since I've never seen it happen, and it is far from normal
    behavior.

    Could you go into your profile and check the properties on the news
    server's rg file? Could it have been set to read only somehow?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 6, 2004

  3. Gary Nored

    Jay Catter Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> wrote in

    > Gary Nored wrote:
    >> Newbie question: newsgroups I have subscribed to are not there the
    >> next time I run the news reader. I searched faqs and documentation,
    >> and I get the impression that they are supposed to.
    >>
    >> Is this behavior correct?
    >>

    > Boy, I hope not!!! ;)
    >> Can I change it?
    >>

    > I don't know, since I've never seen it happen, and it is far from
    > normal behavior.
    >
    > Could you go into your profile and check the properties on the news
    > server's rg file? Could it have been set to read only somehow?
    >
    > Lee

    Funny! Same thing seems to happen for me. I never noticed it before. Just
    the last few days. Anything to do with being a new Firefox user ???
    Strange ...! Strange...!

    Jay Catter, Oct 7, 2004
  4. Gary Nored

    Gary Nored Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Could you go into your profile and check the properties on the news
    > server's rg file? Could it have been set to read only somehow?
    >
    > Lee

    Being ignorant, I didn't know what an rg file was. I poked around
    looking for files with extension .rg and didn't find anything.

    Then I created a new profile, and the problem went away.

    Thanks for the profile suggestion, though now, of course, I have another
    question :-~

    Gary Nored, Oct 7, 2004
  5. Gary Nored

    Gary Nored Guest

    Gary Nored, Oct 7, 2004
  6. Gary Nored

    Gary Nored Guest

    Gary Nored, Oct 7, 2004
  7. Gary Nored wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Could you go into your profile and check the properties on the news
    >> server's rg file? Could it have been set to read only somehow?
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Being ignorant, I didn't know what an rg file was. I poked around
    > looking for files with extension .rg and didn't find anything.
    >
    > Then I created a new profile, and the problem went away.
    >
    > Thanks for the profile suggestion, though now, of course, I have another
    > question :-~

    Sigh!!!

    I'll never leatn to type. That was supposed to read rc file, not rg.

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 7, 2004