    How important is subnetting on the exams? I have never used
    it does this matter?

    Jimmy MCP

    Jimbo, Jan 9, 2005

  2. Jimbo

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 9, 2005

  3. Jimbo

    beoweolf Guest

    It was a big part of the W2K test for 216, maybe some of the others...I
    forget.

    The thing is, you can get a calculator or an online program to give you the
    answers, but that doesn't help you very much and it definitely will drop
    your cert score if its still on the exam...are you so good that you can give
    up 10% - 20% of your possible score?

    Even if you just memorize the CIDR tables for the more common set ups, it
    will be Bette than nothing. I will say this,...I know a few hiring managers
    that will ask a few questions on subnetting during an interview...just to
    see of the guy has a clue. Wheat from the chaff...

    beoweolf, Jan 9, 2005
  4. Who Goes There, Jan 9, 2005
  5. Jimbo

    Jmbo Guest

    Thanks Bob,

    What are CIDR tables?

    Jimmy MCP

    Jmbo, Jan 9, 2005
  6. Jimbo

    billyw Guest

    cidr is an alcoholic drink made from apples

    no need to thank me

    billyw, Jan 9, 2005
  7. Jimbo

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Jmbo" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > Thanks Bob,
    >
    > What are CIDR tables?
    >
    > Jimmy MCP

    You really need to study this and know it cold 'cause it's gonna creep
    into questions about dns, dhcp, routing, ras, wins, tci/ip -- all over.
    It's not just going to be straight subnetting questions. To find out
    about CIDR, you need to study tcp/ip and subnetting. The reply from Who
    Goes There should give you a good start for resources.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "I'm not bossy! I just know what nerdbunchanumbers should be doing!"

    catwalker63, Jan 9, 2005
  8. Jimbo

    Ben Guest

    "Who Goes There" <wgt@nowhere> wrote in message
    > In news:135101c4f660$8abd4690$,
    > Jimbo <> somehow managed to typed:
    >
    > > How important is subnetting on the exams? I have never used
    > > it does this matter?
    > >
    > > Jimmy MCP

    > Yes you will need to know how to subnet and not just for exams
    >
    > www.3com.com/other/pdfs/infra/corpinfo/en_US/501302.pdf
    >
    > www.learntosubnet.com

    Jimmy

    I would recommend www.learntosubnet.com, I used it when I first started my
    MCSE training (think someone here pointed me to it), and found it an
    invaluable source of information, not just on subnetting but tcp/ip as a
    whole, I would also recommend reading the 'How the OSI model works' if your
    a newbie to networking.

    --
    Ben

    IT Professional, MCP 70-210, 70-214, 70-215
    "On my way to becoming fully certifiable!"

    "The internet - where men are men, women are men and children are FBI
    agents."

    Ben, Jan 10, 2005
  9. billyw wrote:
    > cidr is an alcoholic drink made from apples
    >
    > no need to thank me

    Let's don't be silly. CIDR is an acronym for Consulting In Dominican
    Republic

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jan 10, 2005
  10. Jimbo

    Kurt Guest

    Subnetting is the heart and soul of tcp/ip. I don't remember how many exam
    questions there were on it, but in the real world you'll be considered just
    this side of worthless if you don't understand it.

    ....kurt

    Kurt, Jan 11, 2005
  11. >Subnetting is the heart and soul of tcp/ip.

    now you've really gone and confused old Bimbo now!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 11, 2005
  12. why do you people feed these morons by giving them sensible answers to
    their dumba$$ questions?
    Even if Bimbo is not a troll, and simply a [very] stupid person,
    he/she does not warrant an answer to such an unbelievable simple
    question(s).

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 11, 2005
  13. Jimbo

    catwalker63 Guest

    It maybe a very stupid question from a very stupid person but at least it
    was a NEW question. <g>

    catwalker63, Jan 11, 2005
  14. >It maybe a very stupid question from a very stupid person but at least it
    >was a NEW question. <g>

    hardly

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 11, 2005