    I am working on 70-216. Some of my study references have a
    lot on subnetting some do not.

    What is the emphasis on subnetting on the 216 exam?
    myrt webb, Sep 20, 2003

  2. I would count on some subnetting questions.
    They will not be trivial ones either.
    Glenn

    Glenn D. Crosse, Sep 20, 2003

  3. myrt webb

    Webster Guest

    "myrt webb" <> wrote in message
    > I am working on 70-216. Some of my study references have a
    > lot on subnetting some do not.
    >
    > What is the emphasis on subnetting on the 216 exam?

    On my 216 exam I had not one question on subnetting but tons and tons on
    DNS.

    Webster
    Webster, Sep 20, 2003
  4. myrt webb

    MCSE World Guest

    Try a visit to http://www.learntosubnet.com/

    And yes...you should know how to subnet and work with VLSM/CIDR for just
    about all network infrastructure exams you take from here on out.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Sep 21, 2003
  5. myrt webb

    Herb Martin Guest

    Some "subnettting" questions are disguised as "routing" or
    "troubleshooting" problems so you may even hear people
    claim "no subnetting" when it isn't so (and your exam may
    vary so there may not be much anyway).

    BUT subnetting is spread throughout the MCSE series and
    you should just learn to do it well and get it over with now.

    Then you will just get those questions correct on MCSE,
    Net+, Cisco, or whatever exams.

    You will even solve some real world problems if you work
    in more than one network.

    What's a routering subnet problem? How about the machine
    isn't actually configured with an address on the same subnet as
    it's "default gateway"? (Or vice versa, the gateway is wrong but
    all of the machines are on a different subnet.)

    DHCP questions can also be subnet questions in disguise since
    a "DHCP scope" is really configured on a per subnet basis.

    --
    Herb Martin
    Herb Martin, Sep 22, 2003