    tiny dots translates into bits and 1 and 0's.

    Can someone help me better understand how to distinguish
    the
    Timmy Tooolipps, Dec 13, 2003

  2. Timmy Tooolipps

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > I don't understand how 255 numbers seperated by little
    > tiny dots translates into bits and 1 and 0's.
    >
    > Can someone help me better understand how to distinguish
    > the

    Excellent question.
    Glad you have a sense of humor.
    try www.learntosubne

    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    ---
    Virus? In the computer? Are you serious?
    Ken Briscoe, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Timmy Tooolipps

    Michael Guest

    There are 8 bits that can make 256 (0-255) unique arrangements of 1's and
    0's.

    Michael, Dec 13, 2003
  4. Timmy Tooolipps

    Jose Guest

    that means each . seperates an 8 bit no (bin)...BINARY if u sitll aint got
    it
    ie. 255.0.0.0 = 11111 11111 .00000 0000. & 16 0s + a dot in between ...I've
    a couple of rums in me so thats the best i can do tonite...
    jose

    Jose, Dec 13, 2003
  5. Timmy Tooolipps

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Glad you have a sense of humor.

    I guess that's a must, working in the fast food industry
    Kline Sphere, Dec 13, 2003
  6. Timmy Tooolipps

    matiz Guest

    128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1
    1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

    8 bits = 1 byte well 1 octet

    IP address is 32 bits (4 bytes)

    11111111 = 255
    11111110 = 254

    Binary: each bit represents a decimal no. see top.

    Have a look at cisco.com they explain IP addressing alot better tha
    MS,
    There are 10 kind of people in the world. Those that speak binary an
    those that don't

    mati
    matiz, Dec 13, 2003
  7. Timmy Tooolipps

    Guest Guest

    http://www.capital.net/~wilwol/cert/subnetting.htm

    Guest, Dec 14, 2003
  8. Timmy Tooolipps

    Consultant Guest

    would you like to supersize those fries for 39 cents more?

    Consultant, Dec 15, 2003
  9. Timmy Tooolipps

    Stu Guest

    Remember this: Computers only 'talk' in 1's and 0's --
    binary.

    An IP address and a subnet mask are the decimal equalivant
    of binary numbers.

    255 is the binary equalivant of 11111111.

    A subnet mask tells the router/computer which part of the
    IP address is the network address and which part is the
    host address.

    255.255.255.0 = 11111111.11111111.1111111.00000000

    The 1's are the network "bits" and the 0's are the
    host "bits".

    Stu, Dec 15, 2003
  10. In article <03ae01c3c121$a7567ad0$>,
    says...
    > I don't understand how 255 numbers seperated by little
    > tiny dots translates into bits and 1 and 0's.
    >
    > Can someone help me better understand how to distinguish
    > the

    Are you trolling, or are you seriously asking this question?

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson, Dec 15, 2003
  11. Laura A. Robinson wrote:
    > In article <03ae01c3c121$a7567ad0$>,
    > says...
    >> I don't understand how 255 numbers seperated by little
    >> tiny dots translates into bits and 1 and 0's.
    >>
    >> Can someone help me better understand how to distinguish
    >> the
    >>

    > Are you trolling, or are you seriously asking this question?

    Cue JaR
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Dec 15, 2003