    E- The same as the subnet mask of your internal network

    Reskit states 255.255.0.0
    Sever Help states 255.255.255.0

    Ger Donmohue, Nov 29, 2003

  2. I believe /24 with NAT /RRAS

    Marlin Munrow, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Ger Donmohue

    Jose Guest

    I think its E since there's no mention on what class of address is used
    Jose

    Jose, Nov 30, 2003
  4. Ger Donmohue

    Guest Guest

    The default IP Subnet after installing NAT would be C:
    255.255.255.0

    Guest, Nov 30, 2003
  5. Ger Donmohue

    Gary K Guest

    In my Win2K server helps for the DHCP Allocator there is no class C subnet
    mask even shown in the examples given for private IP addresses. The address
    range of 192.168.0.0 is shown with the a class B mask (16 bit). This is the
    way it was given in RFC 1597.

    The mask given for 172.16.0.0 is a 20 bit mask(255.240.0.0), not a 16 bit
    mask and the 10.0.0.0 address range is the only one given with what we
    would think of as its "normal" subnet mask (255.0.0.0).

    Since none of the options except for the network address itself in the DHCP
    allocator are changeable the smallest legal subnet mask available (RFC
    defined private IP address subnet mask) would be the 16 bit mask or
    255.255.0.0. I also think Microsoft would have given the 16 bit mask
    because a 24 bit default mask would place too many restrictions on the
    situations in which their DHCP allocator could be used.

    Gary K, Nov 30, 2003
  6. Ger Donmohue

    Roger Abell Guest

    Don't you have a server install where you can just look ?
    This w2k server has for default 192.168.0.0/24

    --
    Roger Abell
    MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA

    Roger Abell, Nov 30, 2003
  7. Ger Donmohue

    Xander Guest

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 09:11:00 -0800, "Ger Donmohue"
    <> wrote:

    [...]
    >Reskit states 255.255.0.0
    >Sever Help states 255.255.255.0

    The MOC 2153AC module 11 page 17 states 255.255.255.0

    Xander.

    Xander, Dec 1, 2003
  8. Ger Donmohue

    AT Guest

    Agree fully with your conclusion Jose.
    It will be totally impossible to determine any Subnet mask without knowledge
    of the Network ID.

    AT

    AT, Dec 2, 2003
  9. Ger Donmohue

    AT Guest

    I apologize for not reading the question correct. (That happens for me all
    the time on MS questions).
    The question is not what would be the correct Subnet mask, but what is the
    default Subnet mask for the DHCP allocator! And that is 255.255.255.0

    AT

    AT, Dec 2, 2003