    the sites seem to answer these questions anywhere.

    Thanks

    --
    Craig, Aug 24, 2007

  2. "Craig" <CBobchin@My_SkinSBCGlobal.net> writes:
    > I'm considering submitting a few of my images to some Microstock
    > agencies. One of the questions I have that I've not seen answered
    > anywhere is what size and format should I submit in? Do I size them
    > for all potential purchase sizes or just one size and let the agency
    > resize them at the time of purchase? Also do I submit TIFFS or JPGs?
    > None of the sites seem to answer these questions anywhere.

    You don't tell us what sites you've looked at, but iStockPhoto, at
    least answers your question:
    http://www.istockphoto.com/tutorial_4.0_requirements.php

    Other agencies may have other policies, si you need to review the
    policy of each agency you submit to.
    Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z
    Gisle Hannemyr, Aug 24, 2007

  3. Craig

    37or38 Guest

    37or38, Aug 24, 2007
  4. In article <46cf4d63$0$97263$>,
    "37or38" <> wrote:

    > > You don't tell us what sites you've looked at, but iStockPhoto, at
    > > least answers your question:
    > > http://www.istockphoto.com/tutorial_4.0_requirements.php
    > >

    > wonder how they would know if you "upsized"

    From the EXIF data attached to the file.

    --
    Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine t├Ątige Unwissenheit.

    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Ockham's Razor, Aug 24, 2007
  5. Craig

    frederick Guest

    Ockham's Razor wrote:
    > In article <46cf4d63$0$97263$>,
    > "37or38" <> wrote:
    >
    >>> You don't tell us what sites you've looked at, but iStockPhoto, at
    >>> least answers your question:
    >>> http://www.istockphoto.com/tutorial_4.0_requirements.php
    >>>

    >> wonder how they would know if you "upsized"

    > From the EXIF data attached to the file.

    Which is extremely easy to forge.
    frederick, Aug 25, 2007
  6. Craig

    37or38 Guest

    > Which is extremely easy to forge.

    exactly
    37or38, Aug 25, 2007
  7. Craig wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm considering submitting a few of my images to some Microstock
    > agencies. One of the questions I have that I've not seen answered
    > anywhere is what size and format should I submit in? Do I size them for
    > all potential purchase sizes or just one size and let the agency resize
    > them at the time of purchase? Also do I submit TIFFS or JPGs? None of
    > the sites seem to answer these questions anywhere.

    Unless you have thousands of images, don't. Microstock will reward you
    with some nice camera-club style pats on the back from the 'communities'
    created some microstock operators very rich at the expense of a trickle
    of payments to thousands of punters.

    A very, very small minority of microstock shooters make serious money.

    Consider a conventional agency model like Alamy.com - anything from 6
    megapixels upwards can be successfully uprezzed from raw to their 17
    megapixel requirement.

    I don't make a fortune from Alamy, but at least each sale counts. So far
    in August, seven downloads, $1250 gross sale, I get 65 per cent.
    Microstock - you will need 2,500 downloads to match it. And six of these
    downloads were not Royalty Free - strictly limited rights. No compromise
    of the future rights to these images.

    David

    --
    Icon Publications Ltd, Maxwell Place, Maxwell Lane, Kelso TD5 7BB
    Company Registered in England No 2122711. Registered Office 12 Exchange
    David Kilpatrick, Aug 25, 2007