Subject Title 'Keyword' Poll (possibly offensive)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steve Young, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    How would you vote on deleting all subject titles which contain these
    words: (sorry if they are offensive, there's no other way to do it).

    'cum' or 'cumshots' or 'tits' or 'cum' or 'nipple' or 'nipples' or
    'smelly' or 'ass' or 'asshole' or 'assholes' or 'asses' or '****' or
    'prick' or 'cock' or 'swallow' or 'lick' or '****' or 'fucking' or
    'spam' or 'spammer' or 'urine' or 'piss' or 'pee' or 'fag' or 'faggot'
    or 'Jews'or 'Jew' or 'Jewish' or 'Islam' or 'Dikk' or 'Suck my' or 'Eat
    my' or ' Lick my' or 'hacker' or 'hack' or 'hack' or 'porn' or 'spic' or
    'bitch' or 'bitches' or 'Re: Is photography art?' or 'Important news For
    all webmaster, newsmaster' or 'IRAQI WMD' or 'CHRISTIAN VALUES' or
    'George W Bush' or 'PATTERNS FOR WOMEN' or 'BUSH remembered' or 'sperm'
    or 'testicles' or 'penis' or 'fondle' or 'testicles' or 'Java Exam'

    Oops, these are from a poster's filter list, and I see some are troll
    specific. though I think you get the idea

    Yes, I would accept / tolerate deletion of these keyworded subject
    titles

    No, NO deletions for me

    (Please keep in mind, I'm not talking about this group, but of a mirror
    group, with these limitations). (Or, in a sort, could possibly be this
    group with community standards?).

    Steve Young
    Steve Young, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Steve Young

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Steve Young wrote:

    > How would you vote on deleting all subject titles which contain these
    > words: (sorry if they are offensive, there's no other way to do it).
    >
    > 'cum' or 'cumshots' or 'tits' or 'cum' or 'nipple' or 'nipples' or
    > 'smelly' or 'ass' or 'asshole' or 'assholes' or 'asses' or '****' or
    > 'prick' or 'cock' or 'swallow' or 'lick' or '****' or 'fucking' or
    > 'spam' or 'spammer' or 'urine' or 'piss' or 'pee' or 'fag' or 'faggot'
    > or 'Jews'or 'Jew' or 'Jewish' or 'Islam' or 'Dikk' or 'Suck my' or 'Eat
    > my' or ' Lick my' or 'hacker' or 'hack' or 'hack' or 'porn' or 'spic' or
    > 'bitch' or 'bitches' or 'Re: Is photography art?' or 'Important news For
    > all webmaster, newsmaster' or 'IRAQI WMD' or 'CHRISTIAN VALUES' or
    > 'George W Bush' or 'PATTERNS FOR WOMEN' or 'BUSH remembered' or 'sperm'
    > or 'testicles' or 'penis' or 'fondle' or 'testicles' or 'Java Exam'
    >
    > Oops, these are from a poster's filter list, and I see some are troll
    > specific. though I think you get the idea
    >
    > Yes, I would accept / tolerate deletion of these keyworded subject
    > titles
    >
    > No, NO deletions for me
    >
    > (Please keep in mind, I'm not talking about this group, but of a mirror
    > group, with these limitations). (Or, in a sort, could possibly be this
    > group with community standards?).
    >
    > Steve Young

    did you enjoy that Steve?
    Unfortunately, one has to put up with many offensive words in his filter
    file in order to NOT see them in messages.. And there you go and
    ennumerate them for us. Thanks, for nothing.
    Ron Hunter, Oct 14, 2003

  3. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    > did you enjoy that Steve?

    no I warned the message might be considered offensive

    The list was touted as the magic for putting out the last fire

    > Unfortunately, one has to put up with many offensive words in his
    > filter file in order to NOT see them in messages..

    That was exactly my point about the Ms. Lily Whites' not making a
    filter. So no amount of discussion, or non discussion, would have saved
    her, or even stopped our last troll, do you agree?

    > And there you go and
    > ennumerate them for us.

    A bit sensational, I admit. At least it wasn't in the subject line.
    (You had the ability to snip the list, you're post could have stood
    without it).

    > Thanks, for nothing.

    Whoa Ron, would it be correct to take it that you would vote yes to
    allow anything with these words in the subject title to be deleted
    before they reach the general viewing audience? Or was it simply the
    volume of all of them at once?

    (Don't get mad at me, follow where I'm going). I'm just asking
    questions, perhaps even some dumb ones at that.

    Steve Young
    Steve Young, Oct 14, 2003
  4. Steve Young

    Savidge4 Guest

    I personally would NOT want these words auto deleted. Trolls will still be
    trolls without the use of these words and then we are left without a way to
    filter them out easily.
    Savidge4, Oct 14, 2003
  5. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    > "Savidge4" <> wrote

    > I personally would NOT want these words auto deleted. Trolls will
    > still be trolls without the use of these words and then we are left
    > without a way to filter them out easily.

    Yes, of course you're right. I'm a troll that gets by em all ;)
    Though my feeling on subject title auto deletes, is that it would raise
    the bar against the obscene troll, if we hacked a few holes in his
    vocabulary. How many, or how few keywords would help us and not get in
    the way? ?? Not asking you specifically, but thrown out to the group,
    any thoughts?
    Steve Young, Oct 15, 2003