Subject: Computer skills

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Maybe, Jun 30, 2006.

  1. Maybe

    Maybe Guest

    This ought to make you feel better about your computer skills!
    =================================
    Tech support: What kind of computer do you have?
    Female customer: A white one...
    ===============
    Customer: Hi, this is Celina. I can't get my diskette out.
    Tech support: Have you tried pushing the Button?
    Customer: Yes, sure, it's really stuck.
    Tech support: That doesn't sound good; I'll make a note.
    Customer: No, wait a minute... I hadn't inserted it yet... it's
    still on my
    desk... sorry....
    ===============
    Tech support: Click on the 'my computer' icon on to the left of the screen.
    Customer: Your left or my left?
    ===============
    Tech support: Good day. How may I help you?
    Male customer: Hello... I can't print.
    Tech support: Would you click on "start" for me and...
    Customer: Listen pal; don't start getting technical on me! I'm not Bill
    Gates.
    ===============
    Customer: Hi, good afternoon, this is Martha, I can't print. Every
    time I
    try, it says 'Can't find printer'. I've even lifted the printer and
    placed it in
    front of the monitor, but the computer still says he can't find it...
    ===============
    Customer: I have problems printing in red...
    Tech support: Do you have a color printer?
    Customer: Aaaah....................thank you.
    ===============
    Tech support: What's on your monitor now, ma'am?
    Customer: A teddy bear my boyfriend bought for me at the 7-11.
    ===============
    Customer: My keyboard is not working anymore.
    Tech support: Are you sure it's plugged into the computer?
    Customer: No. I can't get behind the computer.
    Tech support: Pick up your keyboard and walk 10 paces back
    Customer:! OK
    Tech support; Did the keyboard come with you?
    Customer: Yes
    Tech support: That means the keyboard is not plugged in. Is there
    another
    keyboard?
    Customer: Yes, there's another one here. Ah...that one does work...
    ===============
    Tech support: Your password is the small letter "a" as in apple, a
    capital
    letter V as in Victor, the number 7.
    Customer: Is that 7 in capital letters?
    == =============
    Customer: I can't get on the Internet.
    Tech support: Are you sure you used the right password?
    Customer: Yes, I'm sure. I saw my colleague do it.
    Tech support: Can you tell me what the password was?
    Customer: Five stars.
    ===============
    Tech support: What anti-virus program do you use?
    Customer: Netscape.
    Tech support: That's not an anti-virus program.
    Customer: Oh, sorry...Internet Explorer.
    ===============
    Customer: I have a huge problem. A friend has placed a screen saver
    on my
    computer, but every time I move the mouse, it disappears.
    ===============
    Tech support: How may I help you?
    Customer: I'm writing my first e-mail.
    Tech support: OK, and what seems to be the problem?
    Customer: Well, I have the letter 'a' in the address, but how do I
    get the
    circle around it?
    ===============
    A woman customer called the Canon help desk with a problem with her
    printer.
    Tech support: Are you running it under windows?
    Customer: "No, my desk is next to the door, but that is a good
    point. The
    man sitting in the cubicle next to me is under a window, and his printer is
    working fine."
    ===============
    And last but not least...
    Tech support: "Okay Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at
    the same
    time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the
    letter "P" to bring up the Program Manager"
    Customer: I don't have a P.
    Tech support: On your keyboard, Bob.
    Customer: What do you mean?
    Tech support: "P".....on your keyboard, Bob.
    Customer: I'M NOT GOING TO DO THAT!
    Maybe, Jun 30, 2006

  2. Maybe

    Maybe Guest

    Maybe > wrote:

    > This ought to make you feel better about your computer skills!
    > Tech support: What kind of computer do you have?
    > Female customer: A white one...
    > Customer: Hi, this is Celina. I can't get my diskette out.
    > T ,,<<clip>>

    I don't know how the hell this got on here. I took the liberty of
    copying for a list of personal emails. Damn!!
    Maybe, Jun 30, 2006