Subject change: Back to photos

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony cooper, Sep 4, 2011.

  1. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 21:11:43 -0700, Gunner Asch <>
    wrote:

    >Photos of what? And how did your namby pamby whimpering divert the
    >topic shown in the Subject line suddenly evolve to photography..mine?

    It's called "thread drift". We do it in this group when the original
    subject gets boring. Just for you, though, I've changed the Subject
    line. I also cut a few groups.

    >Heres one...
    >
    >https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/OldPhotos#5555303197075833426

    It's a good shot, good composition, and deliberately "soft". It needs
    a boost in the contrast, though.

    >and another....
    >
    >https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/OldPhotos#5555333671216025586

    Excellent shot. The added contrast here, with the blacks very black,
    forces the eye to focus on the kitten's "face". If you have an
    editing program, you might paint over that area around the ear in
    black. It's obviously a scan of a print, but you can crop it so the
    edges of the print don't show.

    >And yet another
    >
    >https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/OldPhotos#5555313288874630834

    The screen door (?) in front of her makes a rather ordinary snapshot
    into a rather interesting shot. Good eye.

    Some of your other shots (I clicked the arrow) aren't bad at all.
    Since they are scans, they're a bit lacking in detail, but with the
    cats that can be a good effect.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Sep 4, 2011

  2. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 23:52:43 -0700, Gunner Asch <>
    wrote:

    >Got any photos of your own I could look at?

    Go to: http://www.pbase.com/shootin

    and you will a multi-gallery of photos taken by several regulars in
    this photography newsgroup. Mine included, but mine are seldom the
    best of the bunch.

    The "Shoot-In" is an about-every-month theme-based group of
    submissions. The moderator comes up with a mandate, and we can each
    submit three photos on that subject. No prizes or winners, but
    sometimes critiques of the shots follow in the newsgroup.

    You might start with "Weapons", since that subject matter is of
    interest to you.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Sep 4, 2011