sub US$500 Mac???

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 31, 2004.

  1. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 31, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    steve Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > very cool.
    >
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20441
    >
    > "The machine has an expected processor speed of 1.25GHz and will ship
    > with an 80GB HDD and 256MB RAM, it is thought."
    >

    > http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0412expo2.html
    >
    > "The new Mac is said to be incredibly small and will be housed in a flat
    > enclosure with a height similar to the 1.73 inches of Apple's Xserve."

    That does look very cool.....and you can re-use the monitor from your
    Windows PC.

    steve, Dec 31, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    steve Guest

    steve, Dec 31, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    steve <> wrote:

    >.....and you can re-use the monitor from your Windows PC.

    You'll probably have to do some adjusting for that. Mac monitors have
    traditionally had a different gamma from Microsoft-compatible ones.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 31, 2004
  5. In article <>,

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 31, 2004
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Axel Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > steve <> wrote:
    >

    >>.....and you can re-use the monitor from your Windows PC.

    > You'll probably have to do some adjusting for that. Mac monitors have
    > traditionally had a different gamma from Microsoft-compatible ones.

    How long ago was that ?

    Axel, Dec 31, 2004
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Axel Guest

    Axel, Dec 31, 2004
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Axel Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > very cool.
    >
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20441
    >
    > "The machine has an expected processor speed of 1.25GHz and will ship
    > with an 80GB HDD and 256MB RAM, it is thought."
    >

    > http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0412expo2.html
    >
    > "The new Mac is said to be incredibly small and will be housed in a flat
    > enclosure with a height similar to the 1.73 inches of Apple's Xserve."

    1 U high for 19" racks, nice for a home theatre PC, and it will run mythTV.
    Droooooool

    Axel, Dec 31, 2004
  9. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Axel Guest

    Axel, Dec 31, 2004
  10. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    David Preece Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>.....and you can re-use the monitor from your Windows PC.

    > You'll probably have to do some adjusting for that. Mac monitors have
    > traditionally had a different gamma from Microsoft-compatible ones.

    They do, but it's only really the drivers that have different gamma.
    When you first start using a Mac it feels really washed out but you can
    change the gamma on the display. I kinda got used to the Mac gamma after
    spending a while changing it to be more windowsy.

    I've never had a problem using a PC monitor on a Mac.

    Dave

    David Preece, Jan 3, 2005