Sub-domain hosting in IIS (windows 2000 server)

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. how to host several sites with different domain names on a single iis server
    using same port no and the same ip add.

    =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=, Mar 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=

    Ogre Guest

    You need to create a cname record in DNS for each website that you want
    to have on the server. In ISS create new websites for each hostname and
    add a host header for the identity of the website.

    Ogre, Mar 3, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?="
    <> say in

    > how to host several sites with different domain names on a single iis
    > server using same port no and the same ip add.

    host headers

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - For every new foolproof invention there is a new and improved fool.

    Neil, Mar 3, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=

    Grasshopper Guest

    I had a question like this in my 70-292 exam yesterday and still need some
    clarification. Basically the question stated that one of the websites had
    stopped and the other 2 were running. One was on port 80, the other on 8089
    amd the one that had stopped was on port 80 also. It asked how to get the
    website running again. I selected to add a host header and give it a unique
    port number. Does this sound correct ?

    Grasshopper, Mar 4, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Grasshopper" <> say in

    > I had a question like this in my 70-292 exam yesterday and still need
    > some clarification. Basically the question stated that one of the
    > websites had stopped and the other 2 were running. One was on port 80,
    > the other on 8089 amd the one that*snip*

    do you like violating the NDA that you signed?

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - All things considered, insanity may be the only reasonable alternative.

    Neil, Mar 4, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=

    Grasshopper Guest

    hardly a full reproduction of the question now is it idiot ?

    Grasshopper, Mar 4, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=

    > hardly a full reproduction of the question now is it idiot ?

    close enough for me to be concerned. I wonder how MS would feel?

    But since we are pointing out personal failings, how do you feel about
    swen? or is your hotmail account only used for you to collect spam/virii?

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Always keep clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

    Neil, Mar 4, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=

    Grasshopper Guest

    Well you have my permission to report me to Microsoft. Off you go.

    Grasshopper, Mar 4, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Grasshopper" <> say in news:4227e1f4
    @dnews.tpgi.com.au:

    > Well you have my permission to report me to Microsoft. Off you go.

    oy! are you missing the point of that last post. trying to be a nice guy
    here. look at the top of this post. is a real
    address that you use? Have you ever heard of "swen"? do you know about
    address harvesters?

    Look, I will grant you that the dig about your NDA was possibly
    unwarranted. you are clean enough but I get queasy when I here
    discussions like "I had a question like..." as it is talking about the
    exam. Fine you didn't quote it verbatum. still the e-mail address listed
    above could get you more than you bargined for. MUNGE it! I may be a
    Certified PITA (actually that title belongs to someone else I know) but
    I'm tryin' ta help ya here.

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Brother Maynard! Bring out the Holy Hand Grenade!

    Neil, Mar 4, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=

    Grasshopper Guest

    It's not my email address

    Grasshopper, Mar 4, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Grasshopper" <> say in news:42287ff0
    $:

    > It's not my email address

    then you should have said so. "Now go away or shall taunt you a second
    time!"

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Ignorance is temporary, Stupidity is forever.

    Neil, Mar 4, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=

    Guest Guest

    RESPONSE FROM SHAFIY2K:

    Hi Praveen!!!

    You can create a VIRTUAL Website which shares a same IP
    address of a local machine`s address. For Ex: If you
    are having a Windows 2000 server with an IP address of
    192.168.0.1, can create a VIRTUAL website : means more
    than one websites in a same IIS in the Same machine
    sharing the same ip address : 192.168.0.1 of a local
    machine.

    Take an example you have created a 1`st website called
    microsoft.com then you can alternately can create an
    second website called macintosh.com, you must point the
    same ip address as mentioned. To do this, after created
    a 2nd website, go to DNS window - go to forward look up
    zones - go to your domain - create a new domain - go to a
    newly created domain - create a host record that points
    your local machine`s IP address and in Host header name
    mention WWW and then search the file of your local host
    record and click apply and OK.

    Update an assoiciated PTR record. Then register all
    those things in Active Directory using
    IPCONFIG/REGISTERDNS command.

    With regards
    Shafi.H

    Guest, Mar 16, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!!!

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > RESPONSE FROM SHAFIY2K:
    >
    > Hi Praveen!!!
    >
    > You can create a VIRTUAL Website which shares a same IP
    > address of a local machine`s addre<<<<KERSNIPPAGE>>>>
    > IPCONFIG/REGISTERDNS command.
    >
    > With regards
    > Shafi.H

    And use a fuscking newsreader while you're at it!!!!

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Mar 16, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?UHJhdmVlbg==?=

    Yeago

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    I had to register to say, wow, Neil, you're trite.

    Thankfully, your hijacking this thread with your petty BS didn't stop a real response.

    Thanks Shafi.H for giving a real answer instead of hijacking the thread with trite BS.

    Yeago, Nov 16, 2007