    Can some expert please help me- I'd be very grateful.

    Thanks
    Diane

    di.andrews21, Aug 9, 2004

  2. di.andrews21

    Gordon Guest

    "di.andrews21" <> wrote in message
    news:cf7ntn$hid$...
    > Hi - I need somebody's help.
    >
    > I subscribe to BTYahoo Anytime - I've set up some sub-accounts - know it
    > sounds really stuipd but how do you send e-mails from a sub-account -

    keeps
    > giving me an error message and doesn't actually send the e-mails. Not sure
    > what I need to do on the settings - ie defaults etc.
    >
    > Can some expert please help me- I'd be very grateful.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Diane

    What's the error message? that may give a clue.

    Gordon, Aug 9, 2004

  3. di.andrews21

    Secret S Guest

    > Hi - I need somebody's help.
    >
    > I subscribe to BTYahoo Anytime - I've set up some sub-accounts - know it
    > sounds really stuipd but how do you send e-mails from a sub-account -

    keeps
    > giving me an error message and doesn't actually send the e-mails. Not sure
    > what I need to do on the settings - ie defaults etc.
    >
    > Can some expert please help me- I'd be very grateful.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Diane

    TOOLS>>ACCOUNTS>>MAIL>>ADD then complete all the settings for that email
    account.

    **SS**

    Secret S, Aug 9, 2004
  4. di.andrews21

    Puzzled Guest

    Too vague,
    Are the "sub-accounts" also BT yahoo accounts?
    If not, and they are email accounts from another ISP
    Then you will find when using a client such as OE or
    netscape you will have to use those ISP's connection.
    Are they Web-based free email accounts?
    If so, and are hotmail these are not actually client
    compatible, the hotmail link in Outlook will access the
    web based interface only.
    If AOL accounts, these are deliberately not outlook
    compatible, also AOL email accounts are auto-closed
    30 days after closing your AOL account.
    If Yahoo accounts, these are indeed Outlook compatible
    but have there own specific pop3 and smtp entries, you
    will find these details on the yahoo home home page.
    If the accounts are BT Yahoo and are the ten free
    additional accounts that came with your main logon
    email address.........
    Does your main email BT Yahoo account function
    correctly?
    How to set up BT yahoo accounts in Outlook express
    (Which I'm assuming is your intention?)
    Open Outlook Express
    Click on "Tools" button
    In sub-menu select "Accounts"
    Click on "Mail" tab
    Click on "Add" button
    Select "Mail" from pop-out menu
    Now follow each screen as you make entries.
    When you arrive at screen for servers:
    "pop3" enter: mail.btinternet.com
    "smtp" enter: mail.btinternet.com
    Repeat procedure for each BT Yahoo email account.
    When complete, close Outlook Express.
    Now reopen, your accounts should function.

    Puzzled, Aug 9, 2004