    upgrade? Did the 410 fix the problems found with the 400?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks.
    MJD1969, Apr 19, 2004

  2. MJD1969

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    [posted and mailed]

    (MJD1969) wrote in
    news::

    > I'm planning on picking up a second point and shoot camera for my wife.
    > I really like the styling of the Olympus Stylus line. I can pick up the
    > 400 really cheap. I've read a few complaints about the picture quality,
    > especially in low light. Other reviews just praised the camera. I know
    > the 410 is out now and it's about $150 more than what I can get the 400
    > for. Is it worth the upgrade? Did the 410 fix the problems found with
    > the 400?

    The only real change is the addition of a Print/Share button on the back.
    Not worth the $150 IMO. By the way I have had a S400 for close to a year and
    I am still very happy with it. I am not aware of any problems.

    More info here:

    http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_s410_s500-
    review/index.shtml

    The above is one long line that may have wrapped.

    My low light story:

    I live in a condo with an underground parkade that has fairly dim lighting.
    One of my neighbours bought a new car that I was curious about and attempted
    to look at the interior through the window. It was too dark to make out much
    of anything (I couldn't even tell if it was a manual or automatic
    transmission). I had my camera with me and it was set on full-auto. I aimed
    at the interior of the car and took a picture (the flash discharged and the
    camera display showed a fairly good image of the interior of the car). When
    I looked at the picture on the computer I could read the text on the CD
    cases on the seat of the car (which I didn't even know where there with
    existing light). I was very impressed.
    Fuzzy Logic, Apr 19, 2004

  3. MJD1969

    Ken Alverson Guest

    "Fuzzy Logic" <> wrote in message
    > [posted and mailed]
    >
    > (MJD1969) wrote in
    >
    > > I'm planning on picking up a second point and shoot camera for my wife.
    > > I really like the styling of the Olympus Stylus line.

    > The only real change is the addition of a Print/Share button on the back.
    > Not worth the $150 IMO. By the way I have had a S400 for close to a year and
    > I am still very happy with it. I am not aware of any problems.

    The OP was asking about the Olympus Stylus 400 vs 410. Not the Canon
    Powershot S400 vs S410. Different cameras.

    Ken
    Ken Alverson, Apr 19, 2004