Stupid XP Question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Trax, Feb 18, 2006.

  1. Trax

    Trax Guest

    Frosty <> wrote:

    |>I've had .wav files associated with sndrec32.exe for forever.
    |>All of a sudden it's associated with Windows Media Player & it WON'T
    |>let me change it!
    |>WTF??
    |>How do I change it back??

    In a command window type in ASSOC /?
    it will explain how you can do this with the ASSOC command.

    Or seeing as this is a real popular question there are easier ways if
    you search http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk?hl=en

    --
    http://allyourbase.planettribes.gamespy.com//ayb2.swf

    Trax, Feb 18, 2006

  2. Trax

    Frosty Guest

    I've had .wav files associated with sndrec32.exe for forever.
    All of a sudden it's associated with Windows Media Player & it WON'T
    let me change it!
    WTF??
    How do I change it back??

    TIA
    --

    "The Borg assimilated my race, and all I got was this crummy tagline."

    Frosty, Feb 18, 2006

  3. Trax

    Frosty Guest

    What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Sat, 18 Feb 2006
    10:06:44 -0800, canst thou now find out, to hide Trax
    <> from this open and apparent shame?:

    > Frosty <> wrote:
    >
    >|>I've had .wav files associated with sndrec32.exe for forever.
    >|>All of a sudden it's associated with Windows Media Player & it

    WON'T
    >|>let me change it!
    >|>WTF??
    >|>How do I change it back??
    >
    >In a command window type in ASSOC /?
    >it will explain how you can do this with the ASSOC command.

    Well, I'm not real sure what I did, but that seemed to help, so thank
    YOU!!!
    Now if I could get my dang Cactus Spam to start working again I'd be
    in there!

    Frosty, Feb 18, 2006
  4. Trax

    Bud Stein Guest