  1. Whats up with web sites that WILL NOT let you enter unless
    you first install the latest Flash plugin.
    Do these companies NOT want joe public 56k to buy their products??
    Steve Robertson, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Steve Robertson

    paora Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:45:40 GMT, (Steve Robertson)
    wrote:

    >Whats up with web sites that WILL NOT let you enter unless
    >you first install the latest Flash plugin.
    >Do these companies NOT want joe public 56k to buy their products??

    It does make you wonder, doesn't it? I get annoyed enough with sites
    that use flash to decorate their sites with unneccessary fluff but
    when the site is nothing else but flash - that's stupidity.

    A lot of the appeal of using google as a search engine is that it is
    kept simple - something many others have come to imitate.
    paora, Jul 14, 2004

  3. Steve Robertson wrote:
    > Whats up with web sites that WILL NOT let you enter unless
    > you first install the latest Flash plugin.
    > Do these companies NOT want joe public 56k to buy their products??

    Joe Public 56k will install it. :)
    I 56k wont.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 14, 2004
  4. paora wrote:
    > when the site is nothing else but flash - that's stupidity.

    unless that what the site is for.
    www.homestarrunner.com is brilliant, but all flash.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 14, 2004
  5. Steve Robertson

    a Guest

    In article <40f50cdf$>, says...
    > Whats up with web sites that WILL NOT let you enter unless
    > you first install the latest Flash plugin.
    > Do these companies NOT want joe public 56k to buy their products??

    Just ignore them and move along..
    Someday, someone will read the web server logs and see that sod all
    visitors go past the first page...
    Then submit the URL to a hall of shame.
    a, Jul 16, 2004