    Runner file name (Updates from HP.exe) lacks a '-' (the app id separator)

    The only things different I've done with the computer lately are a disk cleanup and a defrag.

    It seems like it should be relatively easy to fix, but I wouldn't know. I've gotten this before, but I don't remember how I fixed it. That's why I have come to request the help of the awesomeness that is geekdom. :-D Any suggestions?
    GMB, Dec 1, 2007

  2. GMB

    GMB

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2007
    Messages:
    6
    Hello? :( Anyone?
    GMB, Dec 2, 2007

  3. GMB

    BohemianGeek

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2007
    Messages:
    15
    error message

    I have a HP, and this was thier recommendation.

    probably because of a spyware or adware removal software you have detected updates from HP software utility (BackWeb) as spyware and
    improperly removed it. but only part of the BackWeb is removed, it cannot fully load when Windows starts and your get the error message.

    I was given to perform these steps;

    1. Click Start and select Run.
    2. Type MSConfig and press Enter.
    3. Click the Startup tab.
    4. From the list, uncheck the "Updates from HP" option.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Restart the system.

    hopefully it will help U 2.
    :girl:
    BohemianGeek, Dec 14, 2007
  4. GMB

    GMB

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2007
    Messages:
    6
    Sweet!

    I think that did it! It yelled at me for changing the startup thingy, but I'm pretty sure it's okay now. Now I'm just worried I'll never get any updates. x3 Oh well, one step at a time...

    Thanks!
    GMB, Jan 23, 2008