Stupid Question!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Unk, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. Unk

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:03:28 GMT, "mykbab" <> wrote:

    >I installed a Philips CD writer last year,it came with Nero on the disc,I've
    >just done my third reinstall after a problem since iinstalled the writer.Now
    >there is no sign of nero only the software drivers for the CD writer on the
    >disc,heres my question could the cd writer have wiped nero off after the
    >last install,because you are possibly only allowed three installs of nero.
    >I said it was a stupid question
    >
    >Thanks
    >myk

    Did you check to see if the CD was actually a CD-RW? (Unlikely)

    Another Possibility; The CD would have had to been "left open" when created
    and each install rewrote the TOC. In that case, you would need a program
    like "CD/DVD Diagnostic" or IsoBuster to read and recover the original TOC.

    CD/DVD Diagnostic - Try/Buy
    http://www.infinadyne.com/cddvd_diagnostic.html

    IsoBuster - Freeware
    http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/