    There's no theft of intellectual property involved, no decrypting
    needed. It's just a plain-jane DVD with no copy protection. I need for
    it to be a .mpg file on my drive. What's an easy way?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 18, 2005

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Render Me Guest

    Re: Stupid question. Please, only stupid responders. If you're not sure if you're stupid, you probably aren't.

    email me

    Render Me, Jul 18, 2005

  3. Re: Stupid question. Please, only stupid responders. If you're notsure if you're stupid, you probably aren't.

    Render Me wrote:
    > email me
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I need to make a video file of a DVD. It needs to be in mpeg2 format.
    >>There's no theft of intellectual property involved, no decrypting
    >>needed. It's just a plain-jane DVD with no copy protection. I need for
    >>it to be a .mpg file on my drive. What's an easy way?

    Well, okay. But keep in mind there some things I won't do.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 18, 2005
  4. Re: Stupid question. Please, only stupid responders. If you're notsure if you're stupid, you probably aren't.

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > I need to make a video file of a DVD. It needs to be in mpeg2 format.
    > There's no theft of intellectual property involved, no decrypting
    > needed. It's just a plain-jane DVD with no copy protection. I need for
    > it to be a .mpg file on my drive. What's an easy way?

    kee-ryst. I forgot to include the "over-qualified" clause.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 18, 2005
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Aquanaut Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Render Me wrote:
    >> email me
    >> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I need to make a video file of a DVD. It needs to be in mpeg2 format.
    >>>There's no theft of intellectual property involved, no decrypting
    >>>needed. It's just a plain-jane DVD with no copy protection. I need
    >>>for
    >>>it to be a .mpg file on my drive. What's an easy way?

    > Well, okay. But keep in mind there some things I won't do.

    browse these--tutorials /freeware etc
    http://www.burnworld.com/
    http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd.shtml
    http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/links.php
    http://www.gamecopyworld.com/

    Aquanaut, Jul 18, 2005
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    gangle Guest

    Re: Stupid question. Please, only stupid responders. If you're not sure if you're stupid, you probably aren't.

    "Rôgêr" wrote
    > I need to make a video file of a DVD. It needs to be in mpeg2 format.
    > There's no theft of intellectual property involved, no decrypting
    > needed. It's just a plain-jane DVD with no copy protection. I need for
    > it to be a .mpg file on my drive. What's an easy way?

    There are many similar programs that will convert a VOB
    file (native DVD file that is compressed with MPEG-2)
    to an SVCD (mpg file, also made with MPEG-2 codec,
    at a much lower bitrate).

    Here's one:
    http://www.soft32.com/download_16908.html

    gangle, Jul 18, 2005
  7. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Mark Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >I need to make a video file of a DVD. It needs to be in mpeg2 format.
    >There's no theft of intellectual property involved, no decrypting needed.
    >It's just a plain-jane DVD with no copy protection. I need for it to be a
    >.mpg file on my drive. What's an easy way?

    Doesn't Nero do that?

    Mark, Jul 18, 2005