    plain old Word?
    --
    Volunton del Mundo!
    Ingram, Jun 26, 2008

  2. Ingram

    Joe Beasley Guest

    Ingram wrote:
    > I need to use Microsoft Word...I have Works Word 8.5. Is this the same? I
    > don't think so, but why isn't it? Now do I need to shell out the money for
    > plain old Word?

    The file formats are different. If you must have Word compatability,
    use openoffice.
    Joe Beasley, Jun 26, 2008

  3. Ingram

    Ingram Guest

    That's the thing, I do use Openoffice. I need to open, and use, formatting in
    Word (using it as a copyeditor/proofreader). The file will be changed,
    edited, and then saved and sent back to another editor. Can I do all that
    with Openoffice, and not have some editor say to me, "I only got these
    squiggly things all over the place"?
    --
    Volunton del Mundo!

    Ingram, Jun 26, 2008
  4. Ingram

    Joe Beasley Guest

    Ingram wrote:
    > That's the thing, I do use Openoffice. I need to open, and use, formatting in
    > Word (using it as a copyeditor/proofreader). The file will be changed,
    > edited, and then saved and sent back to another editor. Can I do all that
    > with Openoffice, and not have some editor say to me, "I only got these
    > squiggly things all over the place"?

    Yes, you can. Just make sure you "Save As" MS office format.
    Joe Beasley, Jun 28, 2008