Stupid Malware, please help

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by silverkitten87, Oct 21, 2009.

1. silverkitten87

silverkitten87

Hi everyone,

Lately I've been catching a bit of bad luck. In the past two days I've really gotten something onto both of my computers. One computer I wasn't finished installing everything with it and was still setting up, and accidentally downloaded something that gave it a huge virus. While I couldn't save it at the time, I didn't much mind as it didn't have much on it. Since I'd just built it, nothing really important was on it and I wiped it clean.

So I guess my first thing is... I had externals plugged in, but I immediately pulled them out when the cpu went down, and I checked them, nothing seemed to be modified, but is there anyway to tell for sure that the virus didn't jump to my externals?

My second question is I was looking for a tv show online with my laptop, but hulu didn't have it so I went to the CW and it automatically started installing something for flash(I know I almost deserve malware for going to the CW). It happened so fast and seemed automatic, but whatever it installed suddenly had voice ads running on my machine. My boyfriend seemed to think it was an open stream that was left running when I shut my browser, but upon further investigation I noticed that that definitely wasn't it. I uninstalled flash, but something from iexplore.exe is still loading upon startup (which I don't use ever) and trying to connect online.

I did a search with adaware, and it found something which I removed, but today, while I'm not getting the sound from it, I am still getting iexplore.exe opening and running (which I can shut just fine in the windows task manager) but I think it tries to load when I start up the computer. I also got another ie prompt saying it can't stay connected and would I like to work offline. I tell it to work offline (it obviously can't find my connection) but I'm assuming that the problem isn't solved, and that the only reason I can't hear these streaming ads is because it can't find the connection to receive the data.

I downloaded Hijack this and have my log file. But since I'm anew member and have less than 50 posts it says I can't post any links. So I can email it to someone or something as a text file.

Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance!

silverkitten87, Oct 21, 2009
    1. Advertising

2. silverkitten87

Dipankar

Why is it becoming so difficult for you to avoid as well invite a heart attack if you have done so much to put yourself in trouble? ....lmao!!

Dipankar, Dec 26, 2009
    1. Advertising