    Both Urban and primesource have gone.

    How do I access my clients domain name to change its details as required by
    a new ISP?

    Industrious, Aug 16, 2004

  2. In article <e1VTc.3374$> in nz.comp on Mon, 16
    Aug 2004 14:32:26 +1200, Industrious <> says...
    > A client of mine had signed up with www.primesourcehosting.net. The site
    > went down (as it often did) and now the ISP has stopped responding.
    > Whois gave me:
    > Registration Service Provider:
    > name: Urban ISP.net
    > tel: 704-569-5266
    > fax: 413 451 0534
    > web:http://PrimeSource-Hosting.com
    >
    > Both Urban and primesource have gone.
    >
    > How do I access my clients domain name to change its details as required by
    > a new ISP?

    Is this a NZ domain, then you should have the UDAI to use. I don't know
    about overseas domains.

    Patrick Dunford, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Industrious

    Ripping Silk Guest

    the domain should be registered with network solutions
    (http://www.networksolutions.com/) or a similar domain name provider.
    Just a matter of logging in, assuming your client has 'right's to
    their own domain name, and changing the DNS entries to the new host.

    excerpt from an email regarding this:
    If you would like to reset the password for this Account/User ID please
    go to http://goto.networksolutions.com/forgot-login. If you would like
    to add any services to this account or make any other changes, please go
    to http://www.networksolutions.com/aoff.

    Ripping Silk, Aug 16, 2004
  4. Industrious

    Industrious Guest

    The domain register is http://www.onlinenic.com/
    I dont know if the client established this or if it was done via the ISP. I
    have contacted www.onlinenic.com/ and explained myself.

    Industrious, Aug 16, 2004
  5. Industrious

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <cfp9v5$bv7$>,
    says...
    > the domain should be registered with network solutions
    > (http://www.networksolutions.com/) or a similar domain name provider.
    > Just a matter of logging in, assuming your client has 'right's to
    > their own domain name, and changing the DNS entries to the new host.

    Other than the name hosting - wots the go with "self management" of the
    DNS? ie, is it included, or do you have to pay a bit more? - and if so,
    how much?

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, Aug 16, 2004