    connect) is.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Collector»NZ

    Enkidu Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Thinking of a solution.
    > I would like to run a whiteboard and keyboard type communication between
    > to Windows systems. (XP Home and 2K Pro), with an ultimate path to Video
    > and audio via the internet
    > I do not want to use a public server eg MSN or similar.
    > Just Public IP to IP.
    > Security is not a big concern (as to what may be conducted between the
    > two machines) but security of connectabilityy (that is not just anyone
    > able to connect) is.

    What's wrong with Net-Meeting?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Aug 8, 2005

  3. Collector»NZ

    shannon Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Thinking of a solution.
    > I would like to run a whiteboard and keyboard type communication between
    > to Windows systems. (XP Home and 2K Pro), with an ultimate path to Video
    > and audio via the internet
    > I do not want to use a public server eg MSN or similar.
    > Just Public IP to IP.
    > Security is not a big concern (as to what may be conducted between the
    > two machines) but security of connectabilityy (that is not just anyone
    > able to connect) is.

    Netmeeting runs IP to IP doesn't it ?

    shannon, Aug 13, 2005
  4. shannon wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> Thinking of a solution.
    >> I would like to run a whiteboard and keyboard type communication
    >> between to Windows systems. (XP Home and 2K Pro), with an ultimate
    >> path to Video and audio via the internet
    >> I do not want to use a public server eg MSN or similar.
    >> Just Public IP to IP.
    >> Security is not a big concern (as to what may be conducted between the
    >> two machines) but security of connectabilityy (that is not just anyone
    >> able to connect) is.

    > Netmeeting runs IP to IP doesn't it ?

    Not sure on that didnt when i tried it but i was not to sure what client i
    needed running on the other end.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, Aug 15, 2005
  5. Collector»NZ

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Collector»NZ <> wrote in

    >> Netmeeting runs IP to IP doesn't it ?

    > Not sure on that didnt when i tried it but i was not to sure what
    > client i needed running on the other end.

    It does when you open almost all your ports.
    There are KB articles on it. VPN the two end points, no NAT, and it will
    work for all features. NAT and closed ports, well you will have problems
    using all the features in netmeeting. Netmeeting is great for a trusted
    LAN.
    Maybe you want a demo of something like WebEx? They have a trial
    available.
    http://www.webex.com/
    Do you want to have physical whiteboard turned into virtual, that is also
    do-able.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Aug 15, 2005