    shit in my mail folder or a remote server problem...?

    if i click on get mail again i get the error: "the folder is being
    processed. please wait until processing is complete to get messages." . ?
    Paul Gunson, Dec 13, 2004

  2. Paul Gunson said the following on 13/12/2004 10:42 p.m.:
    > i'm using tbird 1.0 on winXP SP2 with nav2004. the last few days my
    > e-mail has been totally screwed. basically tbird will get halfway
    > through downloading messages and just stop after a random number of
    > messages. AFAIK its not related to nav.... its been getting worse over
    > the past few days... is it likely to be a problem with locally corrupted
    > shit in my mail folder or a remote server problem...?
    >
    > if i click on get mail again i get the error: "the folder is being
    > processed. please wait until processing is complete to get messages." . ?

    Jump on a browser and check your mailbox web interface and see what bit
    of email is stuffing it up. I may be miles up but feel it is likely that
    your pop box has a bit of mail in it that Tbird cannot digest.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.
    Collector»NZ, Dec 13, 2004

  3. Paul Gunson

    colinco Guest

    In article Paul Gunson says...
    > AFAIK its not related to nav.... its been getting worse over
    > the past few days... is it likely to be a problem with locally corrupted
    > shit in my mail folder or a remote server problem...?

    Are you sure? NAV had a recent update that screwed email.
    colinco, Dec 13, 2004
  4. In article <cpjo5v$hjt$>, says...
    > i'm using tbird 1.0 on winXP SP2 with nav2004. the last few days my
    > e-mail has been totally screwed. basically tbird will get halfway
    > through downloading messages and just stop after a random number of
    > messages. AFAIK its not related to nav.... its been getting worse over
    > the past few days... is it likely to be a problem with locally corrupted
    > shit in my mail folder or a remote server problem...?
    >
    > if i click on get mail again i get the error: "the folder is being
    > processed. please wait until processing is complete to get messages." . ?

    I once had a problem downloading mail after somebody sent me a mail with
    20Mb worth of home videos attached. As somebody said - try the webmail
    interface and see if you can get things unstuck that way; that's what
    worked for me (after about the 5th try).

    Of course, you could just try and download Pegasus or Eudora and see
    if/how they cope with your mailbox's possible logjam.

    -Peter
    Peter Huebner, Dec 14, 2004