Stuff.co.nz Stuffed?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Collector»NZ, Feb 13, 2005.

  1. Unable to access stuff today, anyone care to check for me and report back

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 13, 2005

  2. Collector»NZ

    EMB Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Unable to access stuff today, anyone care to check for me and report back

    Dead on non-UBS ADSL/ihug - just times out. Was ok a couple of hours
    ago though.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Feb 13, 2005

  3. EMB wrote:
    >> Unable to access stuff today, anyone care to check for me and report back

    > Dead on non-UBS ADSL/ihug - just times out. Was ok a couple of hours
    > ago though.

    according to the NZNOG list, it's an ATT problem... presumably thet're
    working on it

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 13, 2005
  4. Collector»NZ

    Ross Guest

    Can't access trademe either. Any other NZ sites down?

    Ross, Feb 13, 2005
  5. Collector»NZ

    froggy Guest

    On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:42:27 +1300, Ross wrote:

    > Can't access trademe either. Any other NZ sites down?

    <snip>

    see daves post

    froggy, Feb 13, 2005
  6. Collector»NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> Unable to access stuff today, anyone care to check for me and report
    >> back
    >>

    > Dead on non-UBS ADSL/ihug - just times out. Was ok a couple of
    > hours ago though.

    Dead on Orcon UBS.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Feb 14, 2005
  7. Collector»NZ

    Gurble Guest

    On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:28:26 +1300, Collector»NZ
    <> had this to say:

    >Unable to access stuff today, anyone care to check for me and report back

    OK on Scummy Xtra 2MB.

    Gurble, Feb 14, 2005
  8. Collector»NZ

    Axle Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > EMB wrote:
    >
    >>Collector»NZ wrote:
    >>
    >>>Unable to access stuff today, anyone care to check for me and report
    >>>back
    >>>

    >>Dead on non-UBS ADSL/ihug - just times out. Was ok a couple of
    >>hours ago though.

    > Dead on Orcon UBS.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    telstraclear cable is dead in Wellington at the moment, might have
    something to do with it, perhaps some power outage.

    Axle, Feb 14, 2005
  9. Axle wrote:
    > telstraclear cable is dead in Wellington at the moment, might have
    > something to do with it, perhaps some power outage.

    Not dead in Karori

    Nathan Mercer, Feb 14, 2005
  10. Collector»NZ

    Axle Guest

    Nathan Mercer wrote:
    > Axle wrote:
    >
    >> telstraclear cable is dead in Wellington at the moment, might have
    >> something to do with it, perhaps some power outage.

    > Not dead in Karori

    Both TV and modem out on South Coast, for several hours now.
    Last time it happened it was out for the day.
    They seem to have no backup equipment.

    Axle, Feb 14, 2005
  11. Axle wrote:
    >>> telstraclear cable is dead in Wellington at the moment, might have
    >>> something to do with it, perhaps some power outage.

    > They seem to have no backup equipment.

    unlike Telecom who when they have a DSL outage switch over to that whole
    lot of gear just sitting there waiting to be used...

    yeah right.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 14, 2005
  12. Collector»NZ

    Axle Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >> They seem to have no backup equipment.

    > unlike Telecom who when they have a DSL outage switch over to that whole
    > lot of gear just sitting there waiting to be used...
    >
    > yeah right.

    Did I mention Telecom or was that you own little brane farting away there ?
    Apparently its a cable, and they think it will be fixed by 7 pm.
    9 hours for a break in a cable.
    Are these telcos having a lameness competition ?

    Axle, Feb 14, 2005
  13. Collector»NZ

    Max Burke Guest

    > Nathan Mercer scribbled: Axle wrote:
    >> telstraclear cable is dead in Wellington at the moment, might have
    >> something to do with it, perhaps some power outage.

    > Not dead in Karori

    Cable cut in Mirimar; Telstra Clear/Paradise Internet Cable and Pay TV
    services out in Wellington. Expected to be fixed by 07:00pm tonight.

    That's what the helpdesk say anyway...

    Dejavu.... ;-))

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Feb 14, 2005
  14. Collector»NZ

    Axle Guest

    Max Burke wrote:
    >> Nathan Mercer scribbled: Axle wrote:
    >>
    >>> telstraclear cable is dead in Wellington at the moment, might have
    >>> something to do with it, perhaps some power outage.

    >> Not dead in Karori

    > Cable cut in Mirimar; Telstra Clear/Paradise Internet Cable and Pay TV
    > services out in Wellington. Expected to be fixed by 07:00pm tonight.
    >
    > That's what the helpdesk say anyway...
    >
    > Dejavu.... ;-))

    Mine came back about 4 pm

    Axle, Feb 14, 2005
  15. Axle wrote:

    >>> They seem to have no backup equipment.

    >> unlike Telecom who when they have a DSL outage switch over to that
    >> whole lot of gear just sitting there waiting to be used...
    >> yeah right.

    > Did I mention Telecom or was that you own little brane farting away there ?

    ummm, nope, you didn't mention them, I did, pretty clear from the
    messages above.

    > Apparently its a cable, and they think it will be fixed by 7 pm.
    > 9 hours for a break in a cable.
    > Are these telcos having a lameness competition ?

    it appears so :)

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e