    Radio Holland USA, INC.
    HOUSTON Corporate
    Network Administrator

    Jamie Wenner, Mar 28, 2007

  2. Good day:

    Thank you Ray,for the info. Did you use Syngress for exam 271 or 272, or
    both? Do you recommned Syngress for 271 ? Did you purchase a supplementary
    Syngress practice exam, and if so, do you also recommend purchasing the
    Syngress practice exam? I'm looking for a supplemantary pactice exam that
    really nails the 70-271 exam. Oh yes, I like your music! Bill

    Need help on MCP certification test, Mar 28, 2007

  3. Jamie Wenner

    catwalker63 Guest

    Jamie Wenner piffled away vaguely:

    > I am trying to figure out the best way for taking the exam and I would like
    > some feedback. I got both books from Microsoft, and I am about to start
    > reading them. My other options are to take the online elearning course or I
    > could take a 5 day class room course. What did you guys do?
    > Thanks

    I googled for the answer.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Mar 28, 2007
  4. The MS Press books and hands-on experience will take you across the
    line. I cannot stress enough learning the objectives posted on the
    Microsoft Learning site. I am not opposed to instructor led training.
    However, do your homework on the facility and the instructor first. Ask
    questions. Ask the instructor teaching the course questions. It is your
    time and money; spend it wisely.

    > I am trying to figure out the best way for taking the exam.

    I believe the statement you are trying to say, "I am trying to figure
    out the best method for studying for the exam." Unfortunately, no one
    here can answer that question for you. Only you really know the best
    method for you to absorb material.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 28, 2007
  5. Jamie Wenner

    catwalker63 Guest

    Need help on MCP certification test piffled away vaguely:

    > Good day:
    >
    > Thank you Ray,for the info. Did you use Syngress for exam 271 or 272, or
    > both? Do you recommned Syngress for 271 ? Did you purchase a supplementary
    > Syngress practice exam, and if so, do you also recommend purchasing the
    > Syngress practice exam? I'm looking for a supplemantary pactice exam that
    > really nails the 70-271 exam. Oh yes, I like your music! Bill

    Don't rely on practice exams. Only use one and use it toward the end of
    your study. Use it only to check to see if you are ready to sit the
    exam. Get a good exam prep BOOK and read it and practice everything you
    read.

    catwalker63, Mar 28, 2007
  6. Jamie Wenner

    catwalker63 Guest

    Jamie Wenner piffled away vaguely:

    > Can you tell me the names of the books you got from Syngress? I was at the
    > website, but I can't find one that says MSDST
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jamie

    Did you search MCDST or MSDST?

    catwalker63, Mar 28, 2007
  7. Jamie Wenner

    Jeff Guest

    I went to half priced books and got a deal on a MSPRESS MCDST training kit.
    I also used Measure UP practice tests to evaluate my progress. I used
    Virtual PC to test installations and work on labs. I took about 4 weeks of
    intense studying before I felt confident enough to take the 70-271.

    I was nervous but once the test started I was in a "zone". During the test I
    marked the ones that I wasn't sure about and reviewed them after the test.
    After that, I spent the remaining time, reading over the entire test to make
    sure that all of my answers sounded good to me. Anyways, scored 966 on the
    test.

    I would suggest that you make a pot of coffee and start reading the books.
    Practice with Virtual PC (it's free from Microsoft) to give you a 'visual'
    of what you are studying. Good Luck.

    Jeff, Mar 28, 2007