    exam?

    --
    Matthew D Gore

    Matthew Gore, Dec 14, 2007

  2. Matthew Gore

    michael Guest

    All just passed the test with an 861. Yes I am gloating, test scores don’t
    really matter, as long as we pass eventually….

    Seriously- what did I do to study ?

    1. Downloaded iso from my personal technet plus direct subscription,
    of windows vista ultimate and created two vm’s, only used them at home with
    the second laptop. There is a vhd of windows vista enterprise on MS’s site
    for 30 days use, but problem is some of the ultimate features and gui are not
    in enterprise, such as parental controls, media center, and one or two
    others.
    2. Having said that you can get away with one vm. If you don’t have
    such a subscription, I would say maybe find a vista Release Candidate disk
    and install in a vm.

    3. Got the MS Press book 70-620 self paced kit, and read all chapters
    and did all exercises, although I could not do the media center ones, and the
    file sharing exercise with the second vm did not work, and could not do
    internet connection sharing.

    4. Paid for transcender, although with hindsight probably not
    necessary because the book includes measure up test. As well I only did the
    sample test once in transcender and reviewed wrong answers last night. What
    I am saying is that I think the book is so well done, given that it has test
    questions in every chapter that at least for me with this test and this book,
    I found that I did not need to spend much time with the transcender at all.
    But I still recommend getting it for each exam you are going to do. Obviously
    this author was very thorough, we cannot assume that other authors will be
    that thorough, nor can we assume that a different exam is as mapped to the
    book as this one seemed to be.

    5. Time- I spent about 50 hours going through the book and all
    exercises and 1 hour using transcender. This was over the course of 2.5
    weeks. Half of my time though was Friday through Sunday.

    michael, Dec 17, 2007

  3. Matthew Gore

    Matthew Gore Guest

    Well I've been studying for about a few months out of the same book. In
    light of what you said I feel I am ready. I registered for Second Shot just
    in case, though.

    Matthew D Gore

    Matthew Gore, Dec 19, 2007
  4. Matthew Gore

    michael Guest

    Good luck let me know how it goes.

    michael, Dec 19, 2007
  5. Matthew Gore

    Matthew Gore Guest

    I passed! I got a 746 out of 700.

    Matthew Gore, Jan 3, 2008
  6. Matthew Gore

    michael Guest

    Way to go, good job. Next you should try 70-622 and 70-624, I just passed
    them both as well. MS press books and virtual labs and webcasts helped.

    michael, Jan 4, 2008