    P. S. The CD-ROM in Mike Meyers book has some of the paper sleeve stuck to
    the CD. What is
    the besst way to remove this? Soak in water? Goo Gone?

    Tom Wnuk, Sep 26, 2004

  2. Tom Wnuk

    Bill Guest

    Tom Wnuk wrote:
    > I am studying to take the A+ Certification Exam on Operating Systems. I
    > have read three
    > books so far: 1) Faster, Smarter A+ (Drew Bird), 2)All-in-One (Mike
    > Meyers), 3)A+ Complete Study Guide (David Groth). I am now reading a fourth
    > book and I am seeing terms I have not seen in the first three books.
    > Examples: Universal Disk Format, I/O Supervisor layer. Does this book go
    > way beyond what is on the A+ exam. There are enough things to remember
    > without going into any extra crap. I can deal with more in-depth issues
    > later.
    >

    > Tom
    >
    > P. S. The CD-ROM in Mike Meyers book has some of the paper sleeve stuck to
    > the CD. What is
    > the besst way to remove this? Soak in water? Goo Gone?

    Hi Tom,

    Never heard of Universal Disk Format, I/O Supervisor layer in the
    context of A+. Don't waste your time. Take all the practice tests you
    can find. If you are scoring above 85%, go take the test. I read the
    ExamCram and the smaller of the Mike Myers books. Mikes tests are harder
    than the actual exams. The ones I found online are basically the same as
    on the exams.

    http://www.passitnow.com/comptia.html

    Bill

    Bill, Sep 26, 2004

  3. Tom Wnuk

    Rudy Lopez Guest

    What are the most recent A+ objectives?

    According to the CompTIA site they are still using the 2003
    objectives.

    I ran across a sample test site that referred to 2004 objectives.

    Rudy Lopez, Sep 27, 2004