Studying for 70-272 here...

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Elegantlyslumming, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. Hi guys,

    I have been lurking here a few weeks now, about the same length of
    time that I've been studying through my MCDST 70-272 Microsoft Press
    book.

    I have worked in IT support for a couple of years now, more on the
    hardware side of things, though I do also support software problems
    with Win 2K, Win XP and the occasional Win 9x box, with rare chance of
    an Apple or Linux machine crossing my path. I am A+, Network+ and MCP
    certified.

    I decided to study for the MCDST cert mostly for knowledge and also
    for fun, (plus it can't hurt to have it on my resume right;). I am
    about 2/3rds of the way through the subject matter of the 70-272 book
    right now, with the last third of the book seemingly exam questions
    etc.

    Just for kicks earlier this evening I sat the exam that came on CD
    with the book. I failed abysmally :( but in fairness to myself alot of
    what I got wrong I hadn't covered yet in the book (SP2 security
    related stuff it seemed) but until I have finished the book and
    completed my studies I guess I won't bother with that again.

    Meanwhile, can anyone recommend exam simulation product that they have
    actually used to get through the exams, and that they believe best
    represented the actual exam experience.

    I really don't care about things you've heard about so much (I don't
    wish to come off arrogant here, but I have heard lots of people
    recommend transcender but then when I ask if they've used those tests
    they've said no -- I just want first hand recommendations please as I
    plan on buying whatever software is recommended and as it can be quite
    expensive don't want non-firsthand advice!)

    Thanks for any advice ;)
    Elegantlyslumming, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Elegantlyslumming

    Guest Guest

    I passed my 70-272 this week, by only using the Microsoft
    Press book. It's vital that you understand the answers and
    why they are right/wrong. Just go over the practice and
    objective testing on the CD time and time again.... You
    will do fine. The book really is great, best I've found.

    Guest, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Elegantlyslumming

    Bobby Guest

    Hi Elegantlyslumming,

    If you insist on getting practice tests, try MeasureUp. The set of questions
    is different from the CD.

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby

    Bobby, Oct 23, 2004
  4. Thank you for the information folks. I shall check out the measureup tests.
    Elegantlyslumming, Oct 23, 2004