    time to indicate to my bosses.

    Regards,
    Peter
    Peter Row, Jun 9, 2005

  2. From my experience I think you will take about 3 Months for each exam
    you have to study every day not less than 2 hrs
    Best wishes

    /
    > implementation elective exam.
    > I have about 1-2 years .NET experience mainly in VB.NET but have worked in
    > the last year for about 6 months in C# which I much prefer to VB (even
    > having started with VB3, 5 and 6). I have done a bit of ASP.NET but mainly
    > with HttpHandlers/Modules, but mainly desktop apps.
    > I have used SQL Server 2000 a fair bit and my weakest points would

    probably
    > be optimisation, security and DBA.
    >
    > Based on the above and your experiences how long would you say I'd need to
    > study for each of the 5 exams.
    > I think probably the longest on the web and SQL ones I think, about 1-2
    > months 5-10 hours a week; I'm just trying to get some sort of idea of

    actual

    Mohammed Ibraheem, Jun 9, 2005

  3. Peter Row

    KMA Guest

    About 40 - 60 hours spread over a month.

    KMA, Jun 9, 2005
  4. Peter Row

    EggHead Guest

    Given that you do a lot of ADO.net (dataset, tables, connection, adapter),
    I think you only need spend totally 3 months for web app & windows app. The
    other exams, I think you should take about 3 months for each exam. From my
    exp, I find out that it is better to make an exam appointment first. May be
    b'cos I am lzy.

    Good luck,
    Egghead

    EggHead, Jun 9, 2005
  5. Peter Row

    CCThai Guest

    Why do you say it's better to make an appointment first? You mean it takes
    time for the exam to be scheduled? Like 2-3 months from registration to
    taking exam?

    CCThai, Jun 10, 2005
  6. Peter Row

    CCThai, Jun 10, 2005
  7. Peter Row

    EggHead Guest

    No, you can even schedule an exam in the same day if seat is available.
    Just by knowing the exam date, I will read the materials instead of watching
    TV or playing video game :)
    As I said, I am lzy
    Egghead

    EggHead, Jun 10, 2005
  8. Peter Row

    G.V. Guest

    Hi,

    It took for me about 3 months to get MCSD.
    I studied at work (when it was possible) and evenings + some weekends.

    I have about 6 years of overall development work experience, about 1.5 year
    ASP.NET and about 1 year .NET Forms applications development experience. I
    also had about a year MS SQL experience, but it was a few years ago.
    The hardest exams were 70-300 and 70-229.

    good luck,
    G.V.

    G.V., Jun 10, 2005