    supported on Vista come next year so long-term I want to get Vista certified
    using the upgrade path after getting the MCDST.

    Thanks in advance for your reply.
    Razov09, Jul 7, 2007

  2. Razov09

    Maincat Guest

    "Razov09" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am currently studying for the 70-271 using the Msoft Training Kit and
    > would like to know on average how much time I should allocate to my
    > studies
    > before sitting for the exam? I have certs in other non-tech areas but
    > this
    > is my first Msoft exam and I want to make sure I give myself enough time.
    >
    > I plan to read the entire text and then use the Readiness Review CD to
    > prep
    > for the exam.
    >
    > I am a Level 2 Tech Support Rep for a Tax Software Vendor and our apps run
    > on XP and I've been doing this for just over a year now. Our apps will be
    > supported on Vista come next year so long-term I want to get Vista
    > certified
    > using the upgrade path after getting the MCDST.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your reply.

    How long is a piece of string?
    I took about three weeks to do my 70-271, using the resources that you
    outlined. I already had 70-270 and experience in my home network to help
    me. Some may take a shorter time, some much longer. The only person who
    can judge this is you.

    Given your experience, you may find the early chapters of the MS book not
    particularly useful.

    In my view, the 70-271 Readiness Review CD is not the best MS ever produced,
    but I kept getting over 90% in my review tests so I went for the exam.

    Whatever you do, DO NOT USE BRAIN DUMPS!!
    Maincat, Jul 7, 2007

  3. Razov09

    pete h Guest

    hi.
    I have no formal qualifications at all, I have been studying for 4 months
    and am now waiting for my test date.

    pete h, Jul 16, 2007
  4. Razov09

    Akki3 Guest

    Hi There,

    I think you cannot compare other students with yourself. F.e. a friend of
    mine passed the test after 3 times, and then it was almost 1 year later, but
    I passed the test the first time and I've studied for about 15 minutes :$ ..

    I think the best thing you can do first is to read through the whole book
    once, and mark the cases you aren't skilled in yet.

    Good luck ..!

    Akkie

    Akki3, Jul 18, 2007
  5. Razov09

    TJ Guest

    I took 5 months, while working full time to write and pass both the 70-271 and 70-272....I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm glad I took my time and wrote the exams when I felt ready.......

    --

    TJ, MCDST

    TJ, Jul 19, 2007
  6. Razov09

    Ronald Guest

    Hi,

    I would suggest studying for at least an hour per day. Or perhaps you are a
    quick learner and require a little less time. My point is that you will have
    to set aside some quality time for studying and absorb as much knowledge as
    you can so you can do well on your exam..you know?

    Best Regards

    Ronald, Dec 11, 2007