Study options

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Chops, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. Chops

    Chops Guest

    I have attended Mark's lectures several times. I have
    read Mark's Mastering Windows 2003. It gave a general
    overall good description on Windows 2003. It is a good
    book! It is not meant as a preparation for a specific
    exam!

    However for you to pass the exams, you must focused on
    the exam objective for each specific exam. Another
    consideration is that there is not too much lab in Mark's
    book, although he described many real life situations.

    I am MCSE W2k, so I used MSPress Upgrade kit for 70-292
    and 70-296 supplemented with Syngress's Upgrade kit with
    many Technet, MSDN, KB and whitepapers. I like MSPress
    book for its lab exercises. Syngress for its readability.
    For practice exams, I used Transcender and Redmond!

    An afterthought, I think I was over prepared but I
    enjoyed the reading.

    Good luck in your study!
    Cheers,
    Chops

    5 exams on the NT
    >track, and Win2k PRO. Now, I'd like to start with my

    MCSA in Windows 2003.
    >Looking at what book(s) to buy, looks like the best one

    is Mark Minasi
    >Windows 2003 Server. I need your opinions, is this a

    good book to use for
    >certification exams? or after reading these book I will

    need a different
    >book to focus on the exam?
    >I know Minasi will teach me 2003 very well, but will

    help me pass the tests?

    Chops, Jun 10, 2004