    All the reviews I've read for 70-229 books on Amazon.com say there's
    incomplete and generally poor.

    Thanks!
    General Protection Fault, Dec 10, 2003

  2. General Protection Fault

    Sharon Guest

    There is a Exam Cram book for 70-229. I used it.

    currently using SQL
    >Server Books Online and Inside SQL Server 2000, but I'm

    not enjoying
    >jumping around from topic to topic.
    >
    >I used one of those red ExamCram books when I wrote 70-

    029, but there

    Sharon, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Sharon wrote:
    > There is a Exam Cram book for 70-229. I used it.

    Would you mind posting the ISBN? I can't find it on Chapters or Amazon.

    Thanks!
    General Protection Fault, Dec 10, 2003
  4. General Protection Fault

    Eric Guest

    >All the reviews I've read for 70-229 books on Amazon.com say there's
    >incomplete and generally poor.

    This is true, but poor is better than nothing!

    I'm using the Sybex book right now (by Marc Israel). It's clearly not
    in the same league as the Kalani books.

    There's a good interactive CDROM for learning the older 70-029. That
    is still available from Amazon from their third party companies for
    under $10: Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Database Implementation Online
    Training Kit: McSe Training for Exam 70-029 (It-Online Training Kit)

    After using this, you only need to study the new features added in SQL
    Server 2000.

    Eric
    Eric, Dec 11, 2003
  5. General Protection Fault

    sharon Guest

    ISBN 1-58880-034-2

    Try examcram.com

    sharon, Dec 11, 2003
  6. sharon wrote:
    > ISBN 1-58880-034-2

    Hmmm, Chapters.indigo.ca says the publisher itself has no stock, and
    Amazon has never heard of it.

    Have you got a URL? Couldn't find it on examcram.com either.
    General Protection Fault, Dec 11, 2003
  7. General Protection Fault

    Guest Guest

    I don't have a url. I bought the book at Books-A-Million a
    year or so ago. The authors are Richard Alan McMahon, Sr.
    and Sean Chase. Publisher The Coriolis Group of
    ScottsDale, Arizona. Phone 480.483.0192, Fax 480.483.0193,
    www.coriolis.com. It is a MCSE prep book. The exact title
    is "SQL Server 2000 Database Design". Hope this helps!

    Guest, Dec 15, 2003
  8. General Protection Fault

    Geoff Guest

    Coriolis shut up shop some time ago.
    Que bought the rights to the Exam Cram series

    http://www.informit.com/examcram2/index.asp

    But I don't know if they are re-producing any of the
    previous titles. Your best bet might be Amazon, they show
    it if you do a search on 70-229.

    Geoff

    Geoff, Dec 16, 2003