    All the reviews I've read for 70-229 books on Amazon.com say there's
    incomplete and generally poor.

    Thanks!

    General Protection Fault, Dec 10, 2003

  2. General Protection Fault

    JP Guest

    Why don't you try with:
    70-229 Designing and Implementing Databases with
    Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Enterprise Edition
    from testking (www.testking.com)

    I had a very good score with this guide

    currently using SQL
    >Server Books Online and Inside SQL Server 2000, but I'm

    not enjoying
    >jumping around from topic to topic.
    >
    >I used one of those red ExamCram books when I wrote 70-

    029, but there

    JP, Dec 11, 2003

  3. General Protection Fault

    Eric Guest

    >All the reviews I've read for 70-229 books on Amazon.com say there's
    >incomplete and generally poor.

    This is true, but poor is better than nothing!

    I'm using the Sybex book right now (by Marc Israel). It's clearly not
    in the same league as the Kalani books.

    There's a good interactive CDROM for learning the older 70-029. That
    is still available from Amazon from their third party companies for
    under $10: Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Database Implementation Online
    Training Kit: McSe Training for Exam 70-029 (It-Online Training Kit)

    After using this, you only need to study the new features added in SQL
    Server 2000.

    Eric

    Eric, Dec 11, 2003
  4. General Protection Fault

    Curly Guest

    I used "MCSE SQL Server 2000 Database Design and
    Implementation" by Thomas Moore (Pub. by Que)

    Not bad - The explanations of various topics seemed to do
    a pretty good job of covering what you need to know for
    the exam. Practice tests and exercises were pretty
    useless.

    You'll still need books online to get some specifics.

    Curly, Dec 11, 2003
  5. General Protection Fault

    jim Guest

    I am about to take the exam, I use BooksOnline from MS, very good, and
    Transcender, ESSENTIAL. YOu need to get used to the style of the exam,
    and Transcender will do that for you. The exams are good, the Flash
    "cards" less so. A really good preparation exercise is to do a number
    of Requirements-to-Design-to-DB exercises that you can make up easily on
    your own - these will be on the exam. And be familiar with old-style
    (Pre-92) SQL syntax and some of the variants of the current version.

    jim, Dec 20, 2003
  6. General Protection Fault

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I am about to take the exam, I use BooksOnline from MS, very good,

    Agreed.

    > and
    >Transcender, ESSENTIAL.

    Don't be silly. If you feel you cannot pass these exams without the
    aid (or rather being given the answers) of transcenders or the like
    of, well........

    >YOu need to get used to the style of the exam,
    >and Transcender will do that for you.

    The format of the exam is simple 'point and click'. As such, you
    simply need to be able read and use mouse. Again if you need
    'practice' doing this, well (again) ......

    Kline Sphere, Dec 20, 2003