    twice! It really helps! Remember it's not the end of the
    world if you don't pass. Keep at it untill you get it!

    Skippy
    Skippy, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Skippy

    zeus Guest

    Wow ... really helpful ..huh?? But you never mentioned about using the actual product or doing the actual coding ... If you tried to pass like that, you will get paper certificate. It is not only worthless for you but also degrade all the other certificate holders as well..

    Skippy wrote: Just a quick thought to pass on for those who are going
    through certification studying. I'm currently in a boot
    camp(mcseclasses.com) I've already passed my 70-210, and
    going for my 70-215 today. I recommend TestKing study
    guides. They have really helped, but go through it like
    this. First go through read question, answer, explanation.
    Then re-read through twice and test yourself, you'll find
    key phrase and words in there. You've gotta go through it

    zeus, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Skippy

    Lorne Smith Guest

    So, you're at a bootcamp and STILL need to cheat with braindumps... Man you
    must be a LOUSY coder :)

    Lorne Smith, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Skippy

    Infidel Guest

    Do we have any intelligent non opinionated suggestions on
    what materials are not considered "cheating" for those who
    are seriously pursuing an IT certification? And is it at
    all permissible for the student to study "test questions"
    of any variety, from any vendor in order to prepare for
    the same?Anybody got any bitchs or complaints about video
    tutorials authored by certain IT pros who have forgotten
    more about IT than all of the local Lavender mafia
    combined will ever figure out?Will the same phlaming
    Lavender Mafia ever administer their Sodomite blessing on
    the same?Or has this message board been
    converted/perverted to an outlet for expression of
    frustration of those Lavender IT professionals who can't
    afford to take up residency in a Civil Union recognizing
    state any time soon?

    Infidel, Jan 15, 2004
  5. Skippy

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Hey, he's the one saying he's at a bootcamp and recommends TestKing... These
    are well known braindumps, which are both illegal and most definately
    cheating...

    Lorne Smith, Jan 15, 2004
  6. Skippy

    Infidel Guest

    That's good to know."Bootcamp's" and "testking" are
    both "illegal",so sayeth "_________"?
    WTF is legal?.....That was the question....You missed it.

    Infidel, Jan 15, 2004
  7. Hi Infidel,

    There is no easy answer to your question since many of these companies
    change identities as often as normal people change their underwear.

    A quick way to spot such companies is to look at their ads and guarantees.
    If they advertise a 100% pass rate or guarantee you to pass the exam, you
    can bet they are using braindump questions.

    For practice tests Microsoft recommends:
    MeasureUp
    http://www.measureup.com/site/vendor.asp?vendor=Microsoft&crttrk=1
    and Self Test Software
    http://www.selftestsoftware.com/dept.asp?dept_id=1000
    I recommend Transcender as well.
    http://www.transcender.com/
    They are very comprehensive.
    If you can pass the Transcender practice test, you can pass the real thing.

    I would recommend the MS Press Self Paced Training Kits, supplemented by the
    Sybex books and the resource kit to prepare for the exam.
    For complete preparation tips, go to
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/prepare/default.asp

    Bootcamps are not a bad thing if used as they were designed.
    They were never meant as training for newbies.
    Bootcamps were originally designed to allow IT pros who would not normally
    take time out of their busy schedules to study to saturate themselves in the
    material before taking the exams to upgrade their certs.

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at

    Larry Samuels, Jan 15, 2004
  8. Skippy

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Well... actually, I answered it too, but on re-reading it I could have been
    clearer... The OP is on a bootcamp, these are not themselves illegal but
    are merely an intensive training course. The OP is using TestKing prep
    tests, these ARE illegal as they are dumps of the actual questions found in
    the exam. When I said both are illegal, what I meant was that TestKing is
    both illegal and cheating, not that bootcamps are illegal. Guess my
    phrasing could have been clearer :)

    If MS catch you using braindumps to pass the exam, they will take away ALL
    the MS certs you may have and will disqualify you from ever taking another
    MS exam. Odds are if MS ban you for cheating, you may end up getting banned
    from other certs too... Besides, cheating devalues the certs AND if you get
    a job after cheating on the exam, odds are you won't have the job long as it
    won't take long to find out if you really know your stuff or not...

    Lorne

    Lorne Smith, Jan 15, 2004
  9. Skippy

    Dave Guest

    Your right, Measue Up, Self Test and Trancender are the only way to go.
    I have passed a couple of exams using the Trancender and knowing the why
    to the right and wrong answer from these company's test/study guides will
    help you pass the test every time. Study the books and doing Lab's in the
    book
    And when you get your MCSA/MCSE you know you did it the right way and you'll
    feel better for it.

    Dave, Feb 1, 2004
  10. Then why the hell doesn't Microsoft shut down these sights 'Testking' these damn idiots are making our hard earned certifications useless
    =?Utf-8?B?UGlzc2Vy?=, Feb 12, 2004
  11. Skippy

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > Then why the hell doesn't Microsoft shut down these sights 'Testking'
    these damn idiots are making our hard earned certifications useless.

    Oh they want TestKing and their ilk to shut down, but MS can't just *shut
    down* any site they want. There are legal issues barriers to overcome. Don't
    think they're not working on it though. But as Larry already mentioned,
    these clowns change identities fairly often, making it hard to pinpoint who
    is in charge. Also, there are an abundance of TestKings floating around that
    are illegal in and of themselves. ie, ones being traded on Kazaa and other
    P2P networks.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 12, 2004
  12. Skippy

    Lorne Smith Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    > > Then why the hell doesn't Microsoft shut down these sights 'Testking'

    > these damn idiots are making our hard earned certifications useless.
    >
    > Oh they want TestKing and their ilk to shut down, but MS can't just *shut
    > down* any site they want. There are legal issues barriers to overcome.

    Don't
    > think they're not working on it though. But as Larry already mentioned,
    > these clowns change identities fairly often, making it hard to pinpoint

    who
    > is in charge. Also, there are an abundance of TestKings floating around

    that
    > are illegal in and of themselves. ie, ones being traded on Kazaa and other
    > P2P networks.
    >
    > --
    >
    > KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Personally, I think the sooner MS switch ALL their exams over to adaptive
    testing, including simulations, the better. A lot harder to braindump
    those... And a better test of your knowledge too... I'm actually thinking
    of delaying my exams until the new tests are in use...

    Lorne
    Lorne Smith, Feb 13, 2004