    Reply back to this post or email me

    Cheers
    Sunny
    Revived Soul, May 27, 2004

  2. Revived Soul

    Guest Guest

    lol, 56k dedicated Internet connection, you mean your
    study group gets a hole 56k to them self, oh, oh my god.
    What are you studying?? the 1990's

    India (GunRock to be specific) ?
    >I am willing to pool in a couple of desktops. I might

    also find a small room and a 56k dedicated Internet
    connection.

    >I need is 3-4 people intrested and willing to
    > a.. Complete MCSA and MCSE 2003 track in 4-5 months
    > b.. Split the rent for servers, network, Internet,

    electricity, room & furniture
    > c.. Contribute towards 2003 study material (will have

    to atleast get some quality material)
    > d.. Work and learn quietly (No noisy people please. I

    am planning to rent a room in a residential place and I
    dont want to be kicked out)
    > e.. Anyone who's got any servers or desktops to spare

    for the lab will be preffered most.
    >Please let me know if you live in the vicinity of

    Gunrock, Kharkhana, Tirumalgiri, Sikh Village, Bowenpally,
    Tad bund, AOC, Maredpally, Mahendra Hills, Paradise and
    around these places.

    >I promise you it will be fun. I have done this earlier.

    If I find a good group I am planning on other
    certifications too. I will let you know once I finish my
    MCSE 2003.

    Guest, May 27, 2004

  3. Revived Soul

    Revived Soul Guest

    hey Smart@@@ . Can you think of any use of the internet connection other
    than downloading practise tests, dumps or patches.

    We have a 50 seater call centres running on 128k datalink here. Well what
    would you possibly do with more than 56k except fool around.
    I can think of only one use for the internet connection .. downloads and
    nothing else.

    I am not planning to download any OS. We would probably rent servers with
    2003 pre installed or buy one of those 10$ books whick have the 120 day eval
    copy of 2003.

    Revived Soul, May 27, 2004
  4. >We have a 50 seater call centres running on 128k datalink here. Well what
    >would you possibly do with more than 56k except fool around.

    Just think of all that porn you can download with a T3.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 27, 2004
  5. Revived Soul

    Neil Guest

    "Revived Soul" <> wrote in news:OfZMjbAREHA.2572
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > hey Smart@@@ . Can you think of any use of the internet connection

    other
    > than downloading practise tests, dumps or patches.

    Are you really this stupid? The entire sentence smacks of idiocy.

    can I think of any other uses? do you mean like posting to newsgroups?
    google searches? email?

    Next you indicate you want to cheat on the exams (dumps) and steal
    (download practice tests)?

    As for patches, the WinXP SP2 beta is 273Mb with this little note

    Approximate Download Times
    • Dial-up (56 Kbps): 11 hours 30 minutes

    so if SP1 is only a mere 134 dat wud be around 6-7 hours right?

    hot dog buddy you are a weiner...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 27, 2004
  6. Revived Soul

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Revived Soul" <> wrote in message
    > hey Smart@@@ . Can you think of any use of the internet connection other
    > than downloading practise tests, dumps or patches.

    Yes. The internet is a wonderful tool for jacking off.

    > We have a 50 seater call centres running on 128k datalink here. Well what
    > would you possibly do with more than 56k except fool around.
    > I can think of only one use for the internet connection .. downloads and
    > nothing else.

    In addition to downloads, you'll need an internet connection so your spyware
    will operate properly. Spyware doesn't like not being able to phone home.

    > I am not planning to download any OS.

    Like Linux, you mean. Because downloading a version of Windows would be
    wrong. Good thing you've realized this.

    > We would probably rent servers with
    > 2003 pre installed or buy one of those 10$ books whick have the 120 day

    eval
    > copy of 2003.

    Yes, you should rent the servers. Because I have no doubt that you're going
    to absolutely destroy them during some "routine maintenance". Might as well
    destroy someone else's machine, right?

    Asshat.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, May 27, 2004
  7. Revived Soul

    Neil Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in

    > Yes, you should rent the servers. Because I have no doubt that you're
    > going to absolutely destroy them during some "routine maintenance".
    > Might as well destroy someone else's machine, right?

    or lease, either way...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 27, 2004
  8. Revived Soul

    Revived Soul Guest

    Look guys. I have done this earlier. you do not need more than 56k for a
    STUDY GROUP.

    A 56k link can handle posting to newsgroups, email, search and other things.
    I am not sure if you have ever checked your network. Try any network tools
    lucent Vital Stats is the best for a node level analysis. And check
    practically try to put as much load as possible. I have worked in a data
    center running MSX service for about 6000 users on a 64 x2 load balanced
    link. Additionally we have an 64k for overflow switchover and it was never
    utilized in the last 2 years.

    Well I did indicate, in case you want to download dumps this link should be
    sufficient. I hope you ignore that.

    I don't what parameters you have used to calculate but your calculations are
    incorrect. Anyway I will accept that it takes forever to download Service
    Packs on a dial up. I am not talking about dialups. I am talking about a
    pure 56k dedicated local loop to a Telco's STM. This is not even a DSL.
    This is a full link.

    It took me about 15 minutes to download 287 MB SP1+additional patches on the
    same link, with a latency of 800ms to www.microsoft.com. The network I am
    talking about takes 6 hops to a BGP Externel core. It does home to POP in 3
    hops. I am on an uncompressed link if you'd like to know.

    You are being hidious again. You are talking about Kbps Kilobits per second.
    I am talking about kBps that KiloBYTES per second. thats 448 Kbps.

    Revived Soul, May 27, 2004
  9. >You are being hidious again. You are talking about Kbps Kilobits per second.
    >I am talking about kBps that KiloBYTES per second. thats 448 Kbps.

    I've still got my old 120 bps (300 bps upload) modem
    somewhere............................ somewhere :)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 27, 2004
  10. Revived Soul

    Neil Guest

    "Revived Soul" <> wrote in news:#H0E6IBREHA.132
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > I hope you ignore that.

    I will ignore you instead. You suggested using dumps, that's enough for me
    to call you a knob...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 27, 2004
  11. Revived Soul

    Neil Guest

    >>You are being hidious again. You are talking about Kbps Kilobits per
    >>second. I am talking about kBps that KiloBYTES per second. thats 448
    >>Kbps.

    > I've still got my old 120 bps (300 bps upload) modem
    > somewhere............................ somewhere :)
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    If you find it can you fire it off my way? I'm looking for a backup to
    our 1Gb WAN links...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 27, 2004
  12. Revived Soul

    Neil Guest

    Neil, May 27, 2004
  13. >>----- Sashi Kanth wrote: ----

    >>To the squawk below,

    >>I am an Indian too. I am tired of you goras. You might want to take that back.

    Let's see I think I might not want to take it back, what are you gonna do? Use
    some indian vodoo doll? Give me a break, all you can do is pollute my country.

    >>Lets be reasonable here. I feel it is possible to conduct a studygroup on 56Kbps link. I attended a MCSA workshop in >>Manchester without an internet connection. We never felt the need.

    Hmmm, why would you need an internet connection on an education center's
    intranet? Perhaps so they could advertise their services, but apparently
    where you went they weren't that sophisticated. Maybe that's a sign of
    the quality of your education in they systems.

    >>Soul... Will you let us know the cost for setting up such an Infrastructure. I bet you are saving a wad. I must try this at >>my place too.

    He is saving a wad all right, a wad of my splooge in his cheeks.
    =?Utf-8?B?bm90YW5vbnltb3Vz?=, May 27, 2004
  14. Thanks Neil, I completely forgot to mention his other educational options.

    Sandwor
    --Cover a war in a place where you can't drink beer or talk to a woman
    Hell no
    Hunter S. Thompson (1939 -

    ----- Neil wrote: ----

    "=?Utf-8?B?c2FuZHdvcm0=?=" <> wrote in

    http://www.mcdonalds.com/corp/career/hamburger_university.htm

    --
    Neil MCNGP #3
    "you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?
    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=, May 27, 2004
  15. Revived Soul

    Neil Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=" <> wrote
    in news::

    > Thanks Neil, I completely forgot to mention his other educational
    > options.

    let's not forget BK, Denny's, Wal-Mart...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 27, 2004
  16. >If you find it can you fire it off my way? I'm looking for a backup to
    >our 1Gb WAN links...

    lol! I'm even going to do the math....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 27, 2004
  17. The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 27, 2004