Study Group in Ohio

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT, Jan 7, 2004.

  1. Hopefully, most of us have gotten the hang of writing "/04" on checks and
    the like. So we're ready to tackle our next challenge, which would
    be.certification (nope, not the mastering "ballroom dancing", which was also
    on the list)!

    The next Certification study group will be this coming Monday, 12 January,
    from 6-8pm. We'll be meeting at Tri-C's UTC, in room 222a (we'll keep an
    eye out for Pete Dixon). We meet each month on the 2nd Monday, so the next
    one after this will 9 February.

    There's no charge, or sales pitch or anything. Past meetings have had as
    few as two people, so it's a chance for you to pick the brain of an MCT/MCSE
    for a couple of hours (ok, it's my brain, so bring tweezers and a magnifying
    glass).

    Whether you're working on your MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, A+, Network+, CCNA,
    CNE.<phew>.I have some study materials for you to use. Everything from
    training to sample tests.

    I also have some posters from Microsoft that do a pretty good job of
    outlaying the difference certification paths and requirements. Free while
    supplies last!

    I do ask that people who plan to attend let me know what they're planning on
    studying so I can fake preparing.

    The meeting is sponsored by the Greater Cleveland PC Users Group
    (www.gcpcug.org). I happen to President of that group as well, proving that
    I have no %!$#^$ life.

    --
    RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT Network+
    NorthEast Ohio

    RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT, Jan 7, 2004

  2. "RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT" <> wrote in message
    > So we're ready to tackle our next challenge, which would
    > be.certification (nope, not the mastering "ballroom dancing", which was

    also
    > on the list)!

    Actually, it would be the ballroom dancing... at least according to my wife.

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Jan 7, 2004

  3. RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    > Hopefully, most of us have gotten the hang of writing "/04" on checks
    > and the like. So we're ready to tackle our next challenge, which
    > would be.certification (nope, not the mastering "ballroom dancing",
    > which was also on the list)!
    >

    > The next Certification study group will be this coming Monday, 12
    > January, from 6-8pm. We'll be meeting at Tri-C's UTC, in room 222a
    > (we'll keep an eye out for Pete Dixon). We meet each month on the 2nd
    > Monday, so the next one after this will 9 February.
    >
    > There's no charge, or sales pitch or anything. Past meetings have had
    > as few as two people, so it's a chance for you to pick the brain of an
    > MCT/MCSE for a couple of hours (ok, it's my brain, so bring tweezers
    > and a magnifying glass).
    >

    > Whether you're working on your MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, A+, Network+,
    > CCNA, CNE.<phew>.I have some study materials for you to use.
    > Everything from training to sample tests.
    >

    > I also have some posters from Microsoft that do a pretty good job of
    > outlaying the difference certification paths and requirements. Free
    > while supplies last!
    >

    > I do ask that people who plan to attend let me know what they're
    > planning on studying so I can fake preparing.
    >
    > The meeting is sponsored by the Greater Cleveland PC Users Group
    > (www.gcpcug.org). I happen to President of that group as well,
    > proving that I have no %!$#^$ life.

    Yes, please! I would like one of those! Can I still super size the coke &
    fries if I use the $1.00 off coupon that you sent me in the mail? Last time
    you guys told to f-off & die. :-(

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    MCSE, Security+, Linux+

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 8, 2004
  4. RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT wrote:

    > aahhhhh---huh?

    okay, i am sorry. that was uncalled for....:-(

    if i come to the study group with no shirt & tie, can i still address the
    "newbies" in a condescending tone of voice?

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    MCSE, Security+, Linux+

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 8, 2004
  5. RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT wrote:

    > Absolutely...and have fun doing it! Of course, IMHO it works best if you
    > could juggle something while doing it. It doesn't have to anything
    > dangerous, like chainsaws or the like (although that would be even
    > better).

    chainsaw juggling! yes!

    i didn't know you were catering to the "lumberjack" market? i guess even
    lumberjacks need to find a new career path after they cut down all the
    tree's in your local conservation area.

    don't forget "fire" entertainment as well. you can't discriminate against
    the forest rangers.

    you know what Bob? you are my kind of guy. Can we be best buddies? I like
    the Doobie Brothers, how about you?
    --
    Rowdy Yates
    MCSE, Security+, Linux+

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 8, 2004
  6. aahhhhh---huh?

    --
    RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT
    NorthEast Ohio

    RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT, Jan 8, 2004
  7. Absolutely...and have fun doing it! Of course, IMHO it works best if you

    RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT, Jan 8, 2004
  8. First of all, they're not conservation areas...they're "forest management
    domains."

    Also, I'm not sure about lumberjacks...I mean, I guess they're ok.

    But wow, yes! We can be buddies! That would be swell. Golly...we can go
    to ball games, the park...maybe even a theme song!

    Unfortunately, though, I can't say I like the Doobies...ever since I found
    out that they are not in fact brothers, I can't trust anything they sing.

    RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT, Jan 8, 2004
  9. RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT" <> wrote in

    <snip>
    > First of all, they're not conservation areas...they're "forest management
    > domains."

    </snip>

    hey, i like that. pretty smooth... :)

    <snip>
    > Unfortunately, though, I can't say I like the Doobies...ever since I

    found
    > out that they are not in fact brothers, I can't trust anything they sing.

    </snip>

    how about these dudes then?

    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDCASS80401081334311822
    &sql=B68q8g4httv5z

    if you're in, "we can stomp all night...."

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    MCSE, Security+, Linux+

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 8, 2004
  10. RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    <snip>

    Holy smokes, Batman! A sense of humor! We haven't had anyone new with a
    sense of humor in quite a while!

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 8, 2004
  11. RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

    JaR Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    > Holy smokes, Batman! A sense of humor! We haven't had anyone new with a
    > sense of humor in quite a while!

    Alert the media! Stop the presses! Circle the wagons! ...

    Humor???

    Where does I can download briandumping for this Humor?

    Pls respond immedially.

    Yours rispeckfuly

    JaR
    Thug #911

    JaR, Jan 8, 2004
  12. RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

    Brat Guest

    brian dumping? hmmm new thing you are into?

    --
    Sue Thugette #69

    Brat, Jan 8, 2004
  13. "JaR" <> wrote in message

    > Where does I can download briandumping for this Humor?

    At icertify.net not only will you find no braindump of humor, you find no
    sense of humor at all.

    Politician Spock, Jan 8, 2004
  14. RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

    Consultant Guest

    but you will plenty of books for sell
    --
    Consultant, MCNGP Founding Father
    Lead Thug, Public Enemy #1

    "Politician Spock" <> wrote in message
    > "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Where does I can download briandumping for this Humor?
    > >

    > At icertify.net not only will you find no braindump of humor, you find no
    > sense of humor at all.
    >
    > --
    > Politician Spock
    > MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
    > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    rights.

    Consultant, Jan 8, 2004
  15. RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > brian dumping? hmmm new thing you are into?

    JaR's not as into it as Brian is.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 8, 2004
  16. RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

    JaR Guest

    "Brat" <> wrote in message
    > brian dumping? hmmm new thing you are into?

    Who is this Bwian?

    What's so funny???

    JaR, Jan 8, 2004
  17. =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 8, 2004
  18. RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

    JaR Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > but you will plenty of books for sell

    And a boatoad of little yellow smileys. I think it's a rule of some kind
    that you have to have at least two in every post.

    JaR, Jan 8, 2004
  19. "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > > but you will plenty of books for sell
    > >

    > And a boatoad of little yellow smileys. I think it's a rule of some kind
    > that you have to have at least two in every post.

    Can you imagine the icons we would create and use in this forum is we could.

    Politician Spock, Jan 8, 2004
  20. RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT

    Brat Guest

    I downloaded some emoticons from online for msn... one of them is the
    finger... lol ask jtyc... I just gave him one

    --
    Sue Thugette #69

    Brat, Jan 8, 2004