    make sure I understand it correctly before heading in for the test.

    Thanks,
    Mike Sutton
    Mike Sutton, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Mike Sutton

    Mike Sutton Guest

    I have no doubt there is much more to learn, I just don't want to
    start from scratch with a book. I will check out the one you
    recommend. Thanks for the tip.

    Mike
    Mike Sutton, Jul 23, 2003

  3. "Mike Sutton" <> wrote in message
    > I have no doubt there is much more to learn, I just don't want to
    > start from scratch with a book. I will check out the one you
    > recommend. Thanks for the tip.

    Probably more useful to you would be Mike Meyers A+ Certification Passport
    book. It is designed to be an overview of the things the exam will cover,
    whereas the all-in-one book goes into more detail. The Passport is 500-odd
    pages, and you should be able to flick through it quite quickly if you are
    happy with the objectives. I have found there to be quite a few errors in
    the book (TCP = Terminal Control Protocol), but the errors were all pretty
    basic. I found them to be quite useful actually - they would wake you up if
    you were just coasting through.

    Gareth
    Gareth Church, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Mike Sutton

    Mike Sutton Guest

    I was browsing through the Meyers A+ Passport this afternoon along
    with the A+ Complete Study Guide by Groth and Newland. Thr Groth book
    appeard to better cover the areas I am weak in, so I decided to go
    with it. I realized there is a lot of basic stuff I don't know
    despite the fact that I fix and build PCs all the time. It can't hurt
    to catch up. I may go back and check out the Meyers book again
    though. Thanks for the input.
    Mike Sutton, Jul 24, 2003
  5. Mike Meyers has two books, a "complete" book for the ground-zero people,
    and a "passport" book for those who have significant knowledge and
    experience and who really need to concentrate on the exam. It sounds
    like the Passport book would fit your situation. It's published by
    Osborne-McGraw-Hill and is available at any good bookstore (or Amazon).

    Barry Watzman, Jul 25, 2003