Study: 40% Of Irish Companies Choose Open-Source

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, Jan 26, 2006

  2. Au79 wrote:
    > Reduced security concerns and the more prevalent ability to customize
    > the software are attracting those new users to open-source products,
    > research company finds.
    >
    > http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/249540/2979230/6280/0/

    Some companies are said to reply "What the **** are we doing investing
    in shit like this?"

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 26, 2006

  3. Au79

    zarathustra Guest

    Rôgêr <> gibbered:

    >Au79 wrote:
    >> Reduced security concerns and the more prevalent ability to customize
    >> the software are attracting those new users to open-source products,
    >> research company finds.
    >>
    >> http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/249540/2979230/6280/0/

    >Some companies are said to reply "What the **** are we doing investing
    >in shit like this?"

    Perhaps not - they _are_ Irish, after all...

    zarathustra, Jan 28, 2006
  4. Au79

    old jon Guest

    "zarathustra" <> wrote in message
    > Rôgêr <> gibbered:
    >
    >>Au79 wrote:
    >>> Reduced security concerns and the more prevalent ability to customize
    >>> the software are attracting those new users to open-source products,
    >>> research company finds.
    >>>
    >>> http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/249540/2979230/6280/0/

    >>Some companies are said to reply "What the **** are we doing investing
    >>in shit like this?"

    > Perhaps not - they _are_ Irish, after all...

    But:
    "Overall, spending on enterprise software will increase by 5% in 2006, the
    research company found."
    It also looks as tho` Money is starting to come into the equation as well.
    Surprise, Surprise. I thought it wouldn`t be long.

    old jon, Jan 28, 2006
  5. Re: Re: Study: 40% Of Irish Companies Choose Open-Source

    zarathustra wrote:

    >Perhaps not - they _are_ Irish, after all...

    Why the uncertain tone?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  6. Re: Re: Study: 40% Of Irish Companies Choose Open-Source

    old jon wrote:

    >But:
    >"Overall, spending on enterprise software will increase by 5% in 2006, the
    >research company found."
    >It also looks as tho` Money is starting to come into the equation as well.
    >Surprise, Surprise. I thought it wouldn`t be long.

    Please go on.

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  7. Re: Re: Study: 40% Of Irish Companies Choose Open-Source

    zarathustra wrote:

    >Perhaps not - they _are_ Irish, after all...

    Can't you be more positive?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006