    How would you use studio lighting and how do you sync them? Do I need a
    hot shoe adaptor the same way as my regular film cameras?

    Susan

    Susan, Dec 23, 2005

  2. Susan

    Jim Guest

    "Susan" <> wrote in message
    news:G5Hqf.13861$LB5.1900@fed1read04...
    > How would you use studio lighting and how do you sync them? Do I need a
    > hot shoe adaptor the same way as my regular film cameras?
    >
    > Susan

    Well, since it doesn't have a PC socket, how else? Many a regular film
    camera has a PC socket.
    Jim

    Jim, Dec 23, 2005

  3. Susan

    Pepe Guest

    "Susan" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > How would you use studio lighting and how do you sync them? Do I need a
    > hot shoe adaptor the same way as my regular film cameras?
    >
    > Susan

    For your D70 you need an adaptor that fit in the cameras "hot shoe"
    where you can attach an external flash. If the Studio flash has an trigger
    built in you can fire the flash with your external or built in flach.
    If you dont like cables hanging around you can use a radio transmitter.
    Like this one:
    http://www.marketworks.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sfid=65170&c=601461&i=23935026

    Hot shoe adaptor is cheapest way to go if you can stand the cable.

    pepe

    Pepe, Dec 23, 2005
  4. Susan

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message

    > "Susan" <> wrote in message
    >> How would you use studio lighting and how do you sync them? Do I need a
    >> hot shoe adaptor the same way as my regular film cameras?
    >>
    >> Susan
    >>

    > Well, since it doesn't have a PC socket, how else? Many a regular film
    > camera has a PC socket.
    > Jim

    Depending on the studio lights you may want to get a Wein Safe Sync as many
    studio lights have very high trigger voltages. The Isolation circuit (Safe
    Sync) is cheaper than repairing a cooked camera.

    Nomen Nescio, Dec 23, 2005
  5. Susan

    Dirty Harry Guest

    "Pepe" <> wrote in message

    > "Susan" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > How would you use studio lighting and how do you sync them? Do I need a
    > > hot shoe adaptor the same way as my regular film cameras?
    > >
    > > Susan
    > >

    > For your D70 you need an adaptor that fit in the cameras "hot shoe"
    > where you can attach an external flash. If the Studio flash has an trigger
    > built in you can fire the flash with your external or built in flach.
    > If you dont like cables hanging around you can use a radio transmitter.
    > Like this one:

    http://www.marketworks.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sfid=6
    5170&c=601461&i=23935026

    > Hot shoe adaptor is cheapest way to go if you can stand the cable.
    >
    > pepe

    That same wireless trigger is on ebay for about 5 bucks. Going to order
    mine right away, will report back after xmas. I've been a little leery of
    ebay but I ordered a generic cable release for my 20d which came to about 15
    bucks with shipping and can/us exchange, the damn things are 80 bucks in
    town here(canon).

    Right now I'm just using an old manual flash with tin foil over it so it
    reflects backwards and doesn't effect the shot. The optical trigger on the
    alienbee picks it up every time.

    Dirty Harry, Dec 23, 2005