Studio Ghibli and Turner Classic Movies

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by kaboom, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. kaboom

    kaboom Guest

    **I found this at nausicaa.com and thought some of you might find it
    interesting:

    <<Turner Classic Movies will air nine Studio Ghibli films in January
    2006 according to ICv2.

    The films will air each Thursday between 8:00pm and midnight.

    http://turnerclassicmovies.com/Schedule/Print/1,,01-2006|0,00.html

    (all times Eastern)
    Thursday Jan 5
    8pm Spirited Away
    10:15pm Princess Mononoke
    1am (Friday) Spirited Away
    3:15am (Friday) Princess Mononoke

    Thursday Jan 12
    8pm Nausicaa
    10pm Castle in the Sky
    12:15am (Friday) Nausicaa
    2:15 am (Friday) Castle in the Sky

    Thursday Jan 19
    8pm My Neighbor Totoro (new Disney dub)
    9:30pm Porco Rosso
    11:15pm Whisper of the Heart (first wide showing of English dub)
    1:15am (Friday) My Neighbor Totoro
    2:45am (Friday) Porco Rosso
    4:30am (Friday) Whisper of the Heart

    Thursday Jan 26
    8pm Only Yesterday (subtitled)
    10:15pm Pom Poko
    12:30am (Friday) Only Yesterday (subtitled)
    2:45am (Friday) Pom Poko

    TCM airs all films in their original aspect ratio and does not insert
    commercials.

    Thanks to Christopher See for the update.>>

    This is interesting to me because of Whisper of the Heart and Only
    Yesterday which I've never seen and I'm not sure if they're going to
    pop up on DVD in the future.

    kaboomie
    kaboom, Oct 27, 2005

  2. kaboom

    Goro Guest

    kaboom wrote:
    > **I found this at nausicaa.com and thought some of you might find it
    > interesting:

    > <<Turner Classic Movies will air nine Studio Ghibli films in January
    > 2006 according to ICv2.
    >
    > The films will air each Thursday between 8:00pm and midnight.
    >
    > http://turnerclassicmovies.com/Schedule/Print/1,,01-2006|0,00.html
    >
    > (all times Eastern)
    > Thursday Jan 5
    > 8pm Spirited Away
    > 10:15pm Princess Mononoke
    > 1am (Friday) Spirited Away
    > 3:15am (Friday) Princess Mononoke
    >
    > Thursday Jan 12
    > 8pm Nausicaa
    > 10pm Castle in the Sky
    > 12:15am (Friday) Nausicaa
    > 2:15 am (Friday) Castle in the Sky
    >
    > Thursday Jan 19
    > 8pm My Neighbor Totoro (new Disney dub)
    > 9:30pm Porco Rosso
    > 11:15pm Whisper of the Heart (first wide showing of English dub)
    > 1:15am (Friday) My Neighbor Totoro
    > 2:45am (Friday) Porco Rosso
    > 4:30am (Friday) Whisper of the Heart
    >
    > Thursday Jan 26
    > 8pm Only Yesterday (subtitled)
    > 10:15pm Pom Poko
    > 12:30am (Friday) Only Yesterday (subtitled)
    > 2:45am (Friday) Pom Poko
    >
    > TCM airs all films in their original aspect ratio and does not insert
    > commercials.
    >
    > Thanks to Christopher See for the update.>>
    >
    > This is interesting to me because of Whisper of the Heart and Only
    > Yesterday which I've never seen and I'm not sure if they're going to
    > pop up on DVD in the future.
    >
    > kaboomie

    This is pretty cool and interesting.

    I'm surprised that Disney Channel or ABCFam or some such didn't get
    them, instead sellling them (tv rights) to Warner.

    ONLY YESTERDAY is one of my faves.

    -goro-
    Goro, Oct 27, 2005

  3. kaboom

    Impmon Guest

    On 27 Oct 2005 15:43:16 -0700, "Goro" <> wrote:

    >I'm surprised that Disney Channel or ABCFam or some such didn't get
    >them, instead sellling them (tv rights) to Warner.

    Well, which Disney channel would be appropierate for those movies?
    There's a similiar thread on this last week and basically TCM seems to
    be better suited for these movies than any of Disney owned stations.
    Impmon, Oct 28, 2005
  4. Goro wrote:

    >><<Turner Classic Movies will air nine Studio Ghibli films in January
    >>2006 according to ICv2.
    >>
    >>http://turnerclassicmovies.com/Schedule/Print/1,,01-2006|0,00.html
    >>
    >>Thursday Jan 19
    >>8pm My Neighbor Totoro (new Disney dub)
    >>9:30pm Porco Rosso
    >>11:15pm Whisper of the Heart (first wide showing of English dub)
    >>1:15am (Friday) My Neighbor Totoro
    >>2:45am (Friday) Porco Rosso
    >>4:30am (Friday) Whisper of the Heart
    >>
    >>Thursday Jan 26
    >>8pm Only Yesterday (subtitled)
    >>10:15pm Pom Poko
    >>12:30am (Friday) Only Yesterday (subtitled)
    >>2:45am (Friday) Pom Poko
    >>
    >>TCM airs all films in their original aspect ratio and does not insert
    >>commercials.
    >>
    >>This is interesting to me because of Whisper of the Heart and Only
    >>Yesterday which I've never seen and I'm not sure if they're going to
    >>pop up on DVD in the future.

    > This is pretty cool and interesting.
    >
    > I'm surprised that Disney Channel or ABCFam or some such didn't get
    > them, instead sellling them (tv rights) to Warner.

    (If Raven Symone or the Mowry Twins aren't in it, cable-Disney has NO
    interest...) :)

    > ONLY YESTERDAY is one of my faves.

    Also, more to the point, there're no Disney DVD plans for "Yesterday",
    which's why it's showing in its subtitled film-festival form as an import.

    Although they will be showing the completed Disney "Whisper" dub, thus
    verifying rumors that music-rights hurdles *were* cleared after all, and
    that WotH may be out on disk in Feb-Mar. '06 with the already advertised
    "Totoro" and "Howl's Moving Castle".

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Oct 28, 2005