Studio Canal Announces Plans to Release More Than Thirty Titles on HD DVD in 2006.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Allan, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. Allan

    Allan Guest

    Allan, Jan 6, 2006

  2. Allan

    Goro Guest

    Allan wrote:
    > http://sev.prnewswire.com/entertainment/20060105/SFTH13106012006-1.html

    Most of Studio Canal's library are foreign movies (foreign to the US,
    that is) and I'd expect a large number of these HD-DVDs will be release
    in the UK only..

    Which brings me to: IIRC, HD-DVD announced that they would NOT have
    region coding. Is that still true? And will there be PAL<->NTSC
    players?

    -goro-

    Goro, Jan 6, 2006

  3. Allan

    WinField Guest

    Re: Studio Canal Announces Plans to Release More Than Thirty Titleson HD DVD in 2006.

    Goro wrote:
    > Allan wrote:
    >
    >>http://sev.prnewswire.com/entertainment/20060105/SFTH13106012006-1.html

    > Most of Studio Canal's library are foreign movies (foreign to the US,
    > that is) and I'd expect a large number of these HD-DVDs will be release
    > in the UK only..
    >
    > Which brings me to: IIRC, HD-DVD announced that they would NOT have
    > region coding. Is that still true? And will there be PAL<->NTSC
    > players?
    >
    > -goro-

    Of the four DVD players I now own, two play both/either NTSC & PAL
    formats - no problem. Automatically.

    If the new HD players can't play both formats (NTSC/PAL), I would have
    to believe that the movie-studio gorillas did a King Kong on our trusty
    blonde hardware producers.

    It'll be interesting to see how the new "Skull Island" hardware
    (HD_players) does in the market place.

    up, up and away -
    winfield

    WinField, Jan 7, 2006