Student Media upgrade?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGggU2Nod2VyaW4=?=, Jul 8, 2005.

  1. Can I upgrade my Student Media version of XP Pro x86 to x64? I get a PID
    error when I put it in.
    =?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGggU2Nod2VyaW4=?=, Jul 8, 2005

  2. Have you find out if there are any exchange programs available for your XP
    Pro x86 under Academia? Its possible the route you got it through, you have
    get the x64 through too.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 8, 2005

  3. I got it through an Academic Alliance MSDN order page that my school had
    given my access to for a class I was in. I no longer have access to the page.
    It is a full version of XP Pro. I don't understand why the PID was not
    recognized, I see no reason why the Student Media would be any different then
    the store sold version.

    I have purchased an x64 laptop and used toe x64 trial to collect the proper
    drivers for it, and now would REALLY like to switch to x64 untill Longhorn
    x64 comes out.
    =?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGggU2Nod2VyaW4=?=, Jul 8, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGggU2Nod2VyaW4=?=

    DKI Guest

    The exchange program is for RETAIL and OEM versions of XP Pro only. The
    Academic Alliance MSDN version i think you have to get of the same place as
    where you got the MSDN media.

    DKI, Jul 8, 2005
  5. Sorry, but thats how the license works for that particular "full" version of
    XP Pro x86, you have to do it under the appropriate governance which in this
    case would be Academic Alliance MSDN.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 8, 2005