Stuck with a 2 network problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by joni, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. joni

    joni Guest

    Hope some network dood out there can help.
    (networking is not my strong point)

    I have a simple Peer 2 Peer LAN of 2 machines. Cat 5 Tcp IP protocol used.
    One laptop with Windows XP PRO installed and the other Pc with Windows 2000.
    The win2000 Pc has no shares enabled just a IP and a subnet. File sharing is
    disabled
    (The win2000 pc is used to send images from the security camera`s to the
    laptop)

    Both computers were ok till I installed a PCMCIA Bluetooth dongle card on
    the XP laptop.
    and now i cant get the two to talk.

    I have ran through a triage of attempts to fix this problem ie
    Ran the XP wizard setup twice /did a manual IP configuration/turned off
    firewall
    disabled ICF on xp machine and Both computers use the same subnet.

    I just cant ping the win2000 pc now. The workgroups are the same and the
    local
    area connection icon is enabled and lit up to verify cable connection ok
    any ideas please.

    ( I have noticed that since the Bluetooth card has been installed
    a network bridge as been created - One for the O/B lan and one for the
    Bluetooth dialup connection

    Thanx for any help/tips ideas etc:0-)

    fresh

    joni, Jul 30, 2003