    in the 'outbox' box for 3 days. I cannot delete it or open it and when I
    click send/receive Outlook says that it is already sending this message. How
    can I get rid of this message?
    Righteous, Jun 15, 2007

  2. Righteous wrote:
    > I mistakenly tried to send a 30mb file using Outlook 2003. It has been stuck
    > in the 'outbox' box for 3 days. I cannot delete it or open it and when I
    > click send/receive Outlook says that it is already sending this message. How
    > can I get rid of this message?

    Shut down everything. Disconnect the internet connection. Boot up and
    kill that S.O.B. before it does anything else. What were you thinking?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 15, 2007

  3. Righteous

    Righteous Guest

    Thank you. It worked. Why and what happened?

    Righteous, Jun 15, 2007
  4. Righteous

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Righteous" <> wrote in message
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> Righteous wrote:
    >>> I mistakenly tried to send a 30mb file using Outlook 2003. It has been
    >>> stuck in the 'outbox' box for 3 days. I cannot delete it or open it and
    >>> when I click send/receive Outlook says that it is already sending this
    >>> message. How can I get rid of this message?

    >> Shut down everything. Disconnect the internet connection. Boot up and
    >> kill that S.O.B. before it does anything else. What were you thinking?

    > Thank you. It worked. Why and what happened?

    When you are disconnected from the Internet and reboot, the email doesn't
    automatically start sending. It allowed you to delete it because it wasn't
    "in use".
    WhzzKdd, Jun 15, 2007
  5. Righteous

    old man Guest

    Opening OL in Offline Mode would probably have done the same thing

    old man, Jun 16, 2007
  6. Righteous

    Righteous Guest

    ok, but why was the message not sent?

    Righteous, Jun 16, 2007
  7. Righteous wrote:
    > ok, but why was the message not sent?

    Because it was 30MB in size. Most email server administrators would
    never allow a file of that size to go through, but even if they did, it
    would take a very long time. If you happen to be on a dial-up
    connection, it's unlikely that eternity would be enough time.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 16, 2007
  8. Righteous

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Righteous wrote:
    >> ok, but why was the message not sent?

    > Because it was 30MB in size. Most email server administrators would never
    > allow a file of that size to go through, but even if they did, it would
    > take a very long time. If you happen to be on a dial-up connection, it's
    > unlikely that eternity would be enough time.

    I think he's on AOL. Definately wouldn't send a file that size.

    To the OP: I'm on Charter, with a 10MB limit. Of course, I can always get
    around that with my work email since I don't have that restriction. But the
    receiving ISP usually also limits the size.
    WhzzKdd, Jun 16, 2007
  9. WhzzKdd wrote:

    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote:
    >> Righteous wrote:
    >>> ok, but why was the message not sent?

    >> Because it was 30MB in size. Most email server administrators would
    >> never allow a file of that size to go through, but even if they did,
    >> it would take a very long time. If you happen to be on a dial-up
    >> connection, it's unlikely that eternity would be enough time.

    > I think he's on AOL. Definately wouldn't send a file that size.
    >
    > To the OP: I'm on Charter, with a 10MB limit. Of course, I can always
    > get around that with my work email since I don't have that
    > restriction. But the receiving ISP usually also limits the size.

    Most email systems only allow a maximum of 10MB - even Google Gmail -
    both sending and receiving. And don't forget, with the binary to text
    encoding necessary, you can only send actual file sizes of approximately
    7.5 MB.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 16, 2007