Stuck in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by miragelio, May 15, 2006.

  1. miragelio

    miragelio

    Joined:
    May 15, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Hi!

    My Firefox program is stuck in safe mode. Please advise on
    how to disable the safe mode.

    My system configuration is:Windows XP Home Edition
    Firefox v 1.5.0.3

    I have tried the following:
    A) Un-installed and then installed Firefox
    B) Ran basic registry scan and fixes with Norton System
    Works and CrapCleaner.
    C) Upon running Firefox, a window comes up asking to
    reactivate the original settings and to make Firefox the
    default browser with th option to restart. I accepted, but
    this did not work either.

    Please advise.
    Thanks.:)

    miragelio, May 15, 2006

  2. miragelio

    miragelio

    Joined:
    May 15, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Please disregard prior post.

    Please disregard prior post!
    I was able to solve the problem .... took me four hours!
    Thanks!!

    miragelio, May 15, 2006

  3. miragelio

    Ann G

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Stuck in Firefox Safe Mode

    Don't abandon us without posting your solution to the Firefox Safe Mode problem. I'm still stuck in it and have no ideas other than those that failed Jr. Member. I tried the msconfig step: it says I'm in normal mode but I continue to get the Safe Mode alert.

    Ann G, Jun 23, 2006