stub zones or conditional forwarding? URGENT!

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?c3R1YiB6b25lcyBvciBjb25kaXRpb25hbCBmb3J3, Aug 4, 2005.

  1. Hello guys

    I would really appriciate if you could take the time to read and answer my
    question.

    I am an Administrator of 1 Windows 2003 AD domain in Oslo/Norway. All my
    servers run Windows server 2003 and my clients run Windows Xp Pro_One of my
    Windows 2003 servers is a DNS server called DNS_Oslo and hosts Oslo's primary
    zone called "glb.no". All my clients are configured to use DNS_Oslo for name
    resolution.

    We have a branch office in Bergen also with 1 Windows 2003 AD domain. The
    branch office has a Unix DNS server called DNS_Bergen that hosts the primary
    zone "bergen.glb.no". The rules on the firewall in Bergen (Firewall_Bergen)
    prevent all clients from the Oslo office to perform DNS-lookups against the
    DNS_Bergen, except for the DNS_Oslo server. (The only computer allowed to
    perform DNS-lookups against the DNS_Bergen server is DNS_Oslo).

    There is a business requirement that no delay should occur between the times
    that a new record is created in the "bergen.glb.no" zone and the time that
    the record can be resolved from any computers in the Oslo office. All
    computers in Oslo should be able to resolve hosts names in "bergen.glb.no"
    namespace.

    What would you choose? You have only 1 possibility:

    1- Set up a stub zone for "bergen.glb.no" on the DNS_Oslo server, or
    2- Set up a conditional forwarding on DNS_Oslo to DNS_Bergen
    for the "bergen.glb.no" namespace.

    =?Utf-8?B?c3R1YiB6b25lcyBvciBjb25kaXRpb25hbCBmb3J3, Aug 4, 2005

  2. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...elp/78ad7115-a502-41b4-a969-2d0032549c59.mspx

    Knock yourself out...

    Pete, MCSA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZQ==?=, Aug 4, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?c3R1YiB6b25lcyBvciBjb25kaXRpb25hbCBmb3J3

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >What would you choose? You have only 1 possibility:
    >
    >1- Set up a stub zone for "bergen.glb.no" on the DNS_Oslo server, or
    >2- Set up a conditional forwarding on DNS_Oslo to DNS_Bergen
    > for the "bergen.glb.no" namespace.

    Outsource your IT infrastructure to company that knows what they are
    talking about.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Aug 4, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c3R1YiB6b25lcyBvciBjb25kaXRpb25hbCBmb3J3

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Kline Sphere, Aug 4, 2005
  5. I know the answer.

    --
    rev

    MCT/MCNGP #44
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Aug 4, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?c3R1YiB6b25lcyBvciBjb25kaXRpb25hbCBmb3J3

    kpg Guest

    "The Rev [MCT]" <> said something like

    > I know the answer.

    I'll pay you 100 dolla for it.

    www.MCNGP.com
    That is a tasty burger

    kpg, Aug 4, 2005
  7. The answer is 42. Need my paypal address for the 100 USC?

    Kaptain Kerp // you don't ask dumb question /* MCS, Aug 4, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?c3R1YiB6b25lcyBvciBjb25kaXRpb25hbCBmb3J3, Aug 4, 2005
  9. Thanks for the link Pete. Very usefull

    =?Utf-8?B?c3R1YiB6b25lcyBvciBjb25kaXRpb25hbCBmb3J3, Aug 4, 2005