    new o/s? Also my floppy drive seems broken but thats a whole other story.

    Regards
    Lee

    Lee Davison, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Lee Davison

    ICee Guest

    Lee Davison wrote:
    > Ive just purchased a new HDD on which ive installed Win 2000 (to
    > replace Win ME which ive fallen out with). Im having trouble
    > "activiating" my modem on the new windows. I sees a modem there but
    > doesnt see a recommended driver and choosing a standard 56k modem
    > doesnt work and you get error 646 (I think) when you connect. Bearing
    > in mind I have no software, instruction book or anything for the
    > modem, i have manged to figure out it is a: MSP3880-W 56K PCI Modem
    > Enumerator. Can anyone tell me what my next step is?

    Aztech Labs MSP3880W modem.
    http://www.aztech.com/driver/modem_msp3880.htm

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_53.03

    --
    "Infinity is just so big that by comparison,
    bigness itself looks really titchy."

    ICee, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Lee Davison

    °Mike° Guest

    Aztech MSP3880-W modem driver 2.11.6.0 [Windows 2000]
    http://support.packardbell-europe.com/support/download/itemnr/REFFIUP03550100.asp?c=ap

    Shorter URL:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?M26135447

    On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 21:09:00 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bvjptb$c1m$>
    Lee Davison scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004
  4. Lee Davison

    Patrick Guest

    Lee Davison wrote:
    > Ive just purchased a new HDD on which ive installed Win 2000 (to
    > replace Win ME which ive fallen out with). Im having trouble
    > "activiating" my modem on the new windows. I sees a modem there but
    > doesnt see a recommended driver and choosing a standard 56k modem
    > doesnt work and you get error 646 (I think) when you connect. Bearing
    > in mind I have no software, instruction book or anything for the
    > modem, i have manged to figure out it is a: MSP3880-W 56K PCI Modem
    > Enumerator. Can anyone tell me what my next step is?
    >
    > Likewise my graphics card a Geoforce Ti 4200 with AGP 8X. I cant
    > remember having an installation CD with this, if I had it must be
    > long gone. Can anyone advise where I can get the drivers and how I
    > can install them onto my new o/s? Also my floppy drive seems broken
    > but thats a whole other story.
    >
    > Regards
    > Lee

    'Aid32' is a 'systems informatin tool', it requires no installation and is
    free.
    It will (often as not) give you a link to the makers of a component to d/l
    drivers.
    The program is well worth haveing anyway.
    http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

    Patrick, Feb 1, 2004