    using the wizard in XP, but with no luck. I've got a connection once, but for
    a couple of seconds and with low signal (the PC's are only 4m apart though).

    Any help would be appreciated!
    =?Utf-8?B?T0MxMQ==?=, Jun 9, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?T0MxMQ==?=

    Clark Guest

    I would suggest you do something to try to increase the signal strength.
    Perhaps move something around and watch the meter. Make sure there is
    nothing large between the wireless transmitters, like fish tanks, or metal
    walls, etc. When you say low, what does that mean, 1 bar, or 10% of the
    possible?

    If you can get the signal strength up, it will be easier to get the rest
    working.

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 9, 2005

  3. I would try that but the thing is the connection is no longer there. There is
    a metal water geyser in the vicinity of the 2 computers in question, is that
    not affecting the signal?

    =?Utf-8?B?T0MxMQ==?=, Jun 9, 2005
  4. Try different wireless channels, too.

    --
    Standard Disclaimers -
    and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly

    Carl DaVault [MSFT], Jun 9, 2005