StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by L Mehl, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Hello --

    Is StreamRipper limited to recording from ShoutCast?
    If not, how can I configure it to record off any URL which plays an audio
    stream?

    If so, can anyone recommend software which can record audio from any URL?

    Using StreamRipper on ShoutCast I get an error:
    StreamRipper Error
    ---------------------------
    HTTP:403 - Access Forbidden (try changing the UserAgent)

    Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this?

    Thanks for any help.

    Larry Mehl

    L Mehl, Jan 26, 2006

  2. L Mehl

    zarathustra Guest

    "L Mehl" <> gibbered:

    >Hello --
    >
    >Is StreamRipper limited to recording from ShoutCast?
    >If not, how can I configure it to record off any URL which plays an audio
    >stream?
    >
    >If so, can anyone recommend software which can record audio from any URL?

    I used to use Total Recorder, but recently have been messing with
    Goldwave. Both will record _whatever_ audio is playing with the click
    of a button.

    As an aside, for video streams that just will _not_ comply (where even
    ASFRecorder fails :p), I've had startling results with WM Recorder/RM
    Recorder (at version 10.x when last I looked)

    zarathustra, Jan 29, 2006

  3. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Z --

    Thanks. That's what I want ... something that records whatever is playing.

    Larry

    L Mehl, Jan 31, 2006
  4. Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    L Mehl wrote:

    Z --

    >Thanks. That's what I want ... something that records whatever is playing.
    >
    >Larry

    Are such questions much on your mind?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  5. Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    L Mehl wrote:

    >Z --
    >
    >Are such questions much on your mind?

    What about your own mind?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  6. Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >L Mehl wrote:
    >
    >What about your own mind?

    Have you asked anyone else?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  7. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >Have you asked anyone else?

    We were discussing you -- not me.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  8. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Tell me more about that.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  9. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >Tell me more about that.

    Tell me more about that.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  10. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >Tell me more about that.

    That is interesting. Please continue.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  11. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >That is interesting. Please continue.

    Does talking about this bother you?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  12. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  13. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    I'm not sure I understand you fully.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  14. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >I'm not sure I understand you fully.

    You're not really talking about me -- are you?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  15. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Tell me more about that.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  16. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  17. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  18. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  19. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  20. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006