    his firewall (McAfee). When I (with win 98) downloaded Java it worked right
    out of the box. Any ideas that I can pass along to him?
    Paul

    Paul Johnson, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Paul Johnson

    °Mike° Guest

    Have him set his browser security settings to default.

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:27:19 -0500, in
    <Z97xb.12613$>
    Paul Johnson scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Paul Johnson

    Paul Johnson Guest

    "Paul Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > Hello - I sent a URL of a streaming webcam to my friend and he reported

    back
    > that while has Java (from Sun Microsystems) he could not see the video
    > streaming as he should. (Renewing every few seconds). I am not near him to
    > be able to see his computer and do not understand why he would not be able
    > to see it. He has Win XP. Maybe he has to switch something. Or could it be
    > his firewall (McAfee). When I (with win 98) downloaded Java it worked

    right
    > out of the box. Any ideas that I can pass along to him?
    > Paul

    THANK you for good advice - it seems it is working correctly now
    (Sorry I lost your reply; when I read it it disappeared - so am putting my
    thanks here)
    Paul

    Paul Johnson, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Paul Johnson

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:20:40 -0500, in
    <eQ8xb.12985$>
    Paul Johnson scrawled:

    >"Paul Johnson" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello - I sent a URL of a streaming webcam to my friend and he reported

    >back
    >> that while has Java (from Sun Microsystems) he could not see the video
    >> streaming as he should. (Renewing every few seconds). I am not near him to
    >> be able to see his computer and do not understand why he would not be able
    >> to see it. He has Win XP. Maybe he has to switch something. Or could it be
    >> his firewall (McAfee). When I (with win 98) downloaded Java it worked

    >right
    >> out of the box. Any ideas that I can pass along to him?
    >> Paul
    >>

    >THANK you for good advice - it seems it is working correctly now
    >(Sorry I lost your reply; when I read it it disappeared - so am putting my
    >thanks here)
    >Paul

    You're welcome.

    --